Making facials more luxurious?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
hi I would like to promote my facials a bit more and tweak them so they are the best they can be!
At present my luxury facial consists of hot towels, double cleanse, exfoliate, face neck and shoulder massage, masque, moisturise, eye cream. For this I charge £28.
any thoughts on any extras im missing or promotional ideas? I love doing facials and starting to think more holistic treatments is the route id like to go down.
I currently leave the client to relax whilst the mask is on as my room is very small and so I cant really get to the feet or both hands to do a mini massage without disturbing them too much! I could possible apply a hand mask?
any ideas welcome! I was going to offer a discount offer but would rather add an extra I think as I think my prices are already quite reasonable x

I personally wouldn't leave my client ...I always do a scalp massage when the masque is on I've never understood why people do a hand or foot massage when they have come in for a facial I get it's relaxing but I think a scalp massage ties in with the treatment you are doing....my clients love it ....as for discount why?.....if you want to promote it a little bit and you don't already do the scalp massage promote it as that....free scalp massage with every facial......relaxing music and candles to set ambience simples :) x

Thanks for your reply, I wasn't taught scalp massage so I'm not sure I would be insured to do it which is why I haven't included this? Were you all taught this as part of facials or just added it yourself?
I play relaxing music and candles and have just bought an eye pillow. I always get great feedback from my facials I just want to give that little bit extra.....

We were taught a basic one at college and I have adapted it as I have done all my treatments.....a quick ring to your insurers will clarify this for you x

I always do a scalp massage when mask is on-I hate it when a therapist leaves the room (personal bug bear). Also its really nice to ise hot towels to.remove all products rather than sponges or cotton wool x

I always stay in the room with my client and give them either a scalp massage foot or hand massage, I also put a couple of dops of lavender oil on the water with sponges to help them relax when cleansing the skin , they always comment on how lovely it smells x

I will have to find out about scalp massage I think, I was considering doing an indian head massage course so I could incorporate some moves from that but most courses are one day and I've been researching on here and some are saying it takes alot longer to learn, so confusing! Like the idea of lavender in water, I've seen some people get client to inhale some pre blended aromotherapy oils at start of facial too which I quite like, or add to hot towels? X

Ps. I always feel awkward leaving client to relax whilst mask is on altho they say they don't even notice cos there usually asleep by then! Lol but its only because as I said I cant really reach any other bits as my bed is pretty much end to end and against wall just room for me and my stool up head end! X

Normally most geeks would say no to one day courses, however with indian head if you already have a massage qualification, a short course in Indian head (usually around two days -one day training and the other assessment and exam) it's absolutely fine. You will just learn a few new moves x

I don't have a massage qualification unfortunately something else I'm looking into...... X

Hi,
Adding scalp massage will be really great! Do you use a hairband or hairpins to secure hair away from face?
For dry skin, i use a gel mask.
For oily skin, i use a mud mask or a clay mask.
After removing the mask, i splash face with cold water.

During the massage I use acupressure and ive adapted my massage routine to incorporate the techniques I learnt from the hopi ear candle lymphatic drainage routine as it is incredibly relaxing x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Quite a basic thing really but a lovely warm blanket!
I decided to treat myself to a facial the other day and she gave me a hand towel to cover the top half of me. I was so cold. The salon was warm as all their sun beds were running but when i relax, my temperature drops.
Once when having a facial I had a therapist put a hot towel on my feet during the mask. Sounds odd but it was actually quite nice!
I echo what everyone has already said about the scalp massage. Until you source training you could add in an extra neck and shoulder massage maybe?! Hth

Thanks everyone, yes I use a nice warm blanket too, didn't think of extra neck and shoulder massage perhaps thats the answer until I sort out the head massage or a room extension! Lol Good to know I'm on the right lines with added touches, I want clients to get the best service I can offer x

great thread matthew very inspiring thanks for link! x

Just a personal preference...I actually really dislike scalp massages. Maybe everyone who has ever done one on me does it wrong, but my hair always gets pulled and I HATE that. Also my hair always gets all goopy and greasy after that. I would suggest adding some nice cuticle oil to their fingernails. A paraffin hand masque would be nice too! If anything on the scalp, I might try a pressure point massage. That way you're not manipulating their hair.

I too avoid scalp massage on myself purely because I don't like my hair being oiled up! Is there a non messy way to apply paraffin wax I get in such a mess with it I don't really want it all over my lovely couch blankets! Lol

A lot of clients like a facial steamer being used

I once had a facial and the lady used warm ampoules and let the oil sit on my skin. Because it was warm it was really nice and before hand she asked me what one I preferred, there was a collagen, vitamin e and a few others to choose from.

Latest posts

Back