Male hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisaHarris

Reaction score
IMG_20151129_013358.jpg
Last night I fitted hair extensions in a man's hair. It's not just girls that want fuller hair. This was 0.5 flat tips in 4 different colours to make sure I had the blend right. His hair is virgin hair. I cut the extensions up so the bonds are literally undetectable. He was extremely pleased with the results.

This is lovely. Brilliant.

Why shouldn't men have extensions? Its like saying women can't wear pants.

I've had request from a man before from a rock band, if we were all back in the 70s I think hair Extensions for men would be more of a hit! Lol

I've also had more of a strange request to do a horses mane and tail, I didn't fancy that one x

I've had request from a man before from a rock band, if we were all back in the 70s I think hair Extensions for men would be more of a hit! Lol

I've also had more of a strange request to do a horses mane and tail, I didn't fancy that one x

Think of the new man bun trend... They are all gonna be getting extensions soon

What are flat tip extensions? And would they work in shorter hair?

They are the same as nail tips but flat. If you have a really good pair of craft scissors you can slice each tip up to tiny strands it would work in shorter hair YES, but you have to have lots of paitents as much much smaller bonds

So would you advise this method over nano beads?
Have you had hair extensions training or is it fairly simple to do?

You've done a brilliant job btw, it looks very natural. I hope hair extensions for men does grow in popularity.

I've had hair extensions training but came up with this method when playing with the mannequin head and tested it over 2 months with heat and washing ( every time I had a shower so did the head lol ) they last as long as pre bonded if you use too much hair in the bond they fall out easier as less keratin in the tip. I like nano but hate putting them in and having tried them in my hair I got annoyed with the tiny metal tips digging in my head when I slept. It's easy to do if you practice and experiment on your mannequin head first. It just takes forever to apply

But would nano beads be a problem if just applying them to the top of your (my) head? What I hate about nano extensions is the amount of keratin used. It sort of defeats the object using such tiny beads only to have so much keratin sticking out.

The flat tips you've used, did you cut them in half vertically or horizontally? Hope that makes sense. Or can you can both vertically and horizontally?

i cut them both ways so there was less length of keratin and then i cut them the other way to make the bond ( if you get what i mean ) i did try with nail tips and stick tips but the flat bonds were the best for cutting up as the keratin doesn't break its a lot thicker and there is more left to bond with. This is what I used ...
55ab7859b9001__92542.1439500754.1280.1280 (3).jpg

i cut them both ways so there was less length of keratin and then i cut them the other way to make the bond ( if you get what i mean ) i did try with nail tips and stick tips but the flat bonds were the best for cutting up as the keratin doesn't break its a lot thicker and there is more left to bond with. This is what I used ...View attachment 192535
I get what you mean about the keratin on the nanos there is loads of it. I wouldn't put any type of stick tip in the top of a head they are way too bulky I think cutting the keratin down would work tho as it would be more natural

Latest posts

Back