male nail biter!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a male client who bites his nails coming in tomorrow to have them done. He apparently bites them very short and i presume he will need some sort of extension. What is the best way to handle this, i've never had a male client before? I'm more comforable with gels, should i use tips if his nails are not overly wide? Or should i attempt to sculpt (don't have much practice at this either)? Do i have to leave them very thin? How do i finish them, i presume gloss gel is out of the question, so di i just buff them? Please help!

Hiya try these...

male nail biter
Nail biters - Men?

they are threads about the same thing...it may help xxx

NailStyle said:
Hiya try these...

male nail biter
Nail biters - Men?

they are threads about the same thing...it may help xxx
Yes, i read that thread, but i need more specific information.

Men need a more subtle effect with nail enhancements. Short of course, with a very fine 'natural' coloured free edge, and of course no glossy shine.

After the usual manicure and thorough prep, I would sculpt a tiny free edge with a natural powder. Then give an enhancement in pink powder. Then shape and buff to a natural shine and solar oil. I have done my hubbies like this ages ago and he thought they were great. Unfortunately, it did not stop him biting and picking and he had picked the whole lot off within the week. He has asked me to do them again for him the other day though so it looks like he is wanting to give them another go.

Good luck. PM me to let me know how it goes will you.

Love Val

Thank you for the great advice, I'm off to give it a try in about a half hour. I'll let you know how it went when i get back!

Latest posts

Back