Male requests mobile tan - no tan lines means naked

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star8

Reaction score
Hi had a message basically asking if I do an all over tan no lines from male. Has anyone else had this?

No ive not, Ive only had it once in a salon & it was with a female.

Only do what you feel comfortable with, & take a chaperone whilst its a new client (if you agree).

I had lots of strange calls from men when I first set up, now I don't get any! It must have been to do with where I was advertising (on free sites).

Xx

Yes I asked where they got my number. I do advertise my number as a point of contact. But I said I do not offer the service. Sometimes it is worrying. Thanks

It is, especially if you consider who the heck could be contacting you.

Your safety should always come first.

Xx

If in doubt just say no.

Not worth the stress or aggro

Personally, I wouldn't do a nuddy tan, especially on a man. I'll be on my knees for half of the tan, I don't want a dingaling in my face.

I wouldn't mind a g-string, but the dingaling must be covered 😳

If you're not comfortable, don't do it and don't feel you need to make excuses either.

I've never actually been requested to preform a 'nuddy tan' but if you feel uncomfortable doing so could you not blame it on hygiene reasons or health and safety of the solution spraying somewhere, ahem, upstream?

I said no it is inappropriate 😊.

I had a man text me and ask the same exact words.
I said no.

I had a naked man tan once, he was doing a full Monty for charity
He put a sock on his wotsit

I did it once for a guy as I didn't want to discriminate and tar all men with the same brush etc. Never again! Sorry guys, he ruined it for you!
He was super creepy, kept telling me he was a strip-O-gram and how he couldn't have tan lines as he had to get naked. Telling me he had a 'rowdy bunch' tonight and they would probably rip his clothes off (he was probably late 40s and not in great shape) and then said if I ever needed a stripper he'd give me a 'special discount ' and winked at me. Ew. I'm mobile too so makes it so much worse,
Never again!

It is creepy 😊

It must be awful for the guys who aren't creepy and just want to look and feel as fabulous as our ladies.

I have no objection to doing any of my treatments on male clients. But not until I have my home salon set up properly. I can't get over the list of "what if's" for going mobile :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi had a message basically asking if I do an all over tan no lines from male. Has anyone else had this?

I had a bloke in once who looked like he should have a twelve bore cracked over his arm, big beard and a wax jacket. He said he was a naturist and would I tan him. I called his bluff and said 'yes of course, no problem'. He was off on his heels and I never saw him again. I think that he thought that I would squeal like a girls and be shocked. He didn't expect my nonchalant reply :)

Go with how you feel and, agree with what Steph86 says, take a chaperone if that makes you feel secure. I had a male massage client who insisted for his 2nd and subsequent massage appointments that he go naked and without towels! I laugh now but at the time I did wonder if he was pulling a fast one. I did refuse.

Yes when you are mobile it is more risky than being in a base of your own. So I am currently considering a summer house. 😊

I won't let any of my staff do them but I don't get too fussed either way. It's the same with a female naked tan...once you've done one you couldn't care less. I always have other staff in the salon at the time and so I would never be prepared to spray naked men as a lone mobile therapist, however you have to ask what the difference is really between naked or not?? If the client is going to put you at risk then a paper thong isn't going to save you!! I totally get the whole 'eye of the needle' thing too. I quickly learned that as I spray down and then back up the leg it can be quite unnerving :eek:.....so I have a different strategy for men and try to spray as much of the legs as possible when I'm working on their sides, and instead of asking them to move the leg nearest to me back, I get them to move it forward so that 'it' is safely tucked away and not jumping out at me. Little bit trickier but hey....it works for me!! I guess this is a long winded way of saying if it doesn't work for you then don't do it.

This thread is so useful, it was just suggested in a post I put up. I am now confident in saying no.. I wouldn't mind too much of my client wore a sock.. But with the positions and me being mobile I'm now saying no. Thank you x

I wouldn't be comfortable doing a naked tan. I have issues with my knees so I don't like to squat/crouch, instead I sit on my knees to do the lower body. As a result my head is at crotch level.

I am more than happy for someone to wear tiny pants, thong or a g-string but for my personal comfort I want that coverage.

Besides, a little white line shows you how tanned you are ;) x

I've done a naked tan on a female, it went from her not wanting me to see her "wobbly bits" to....."not wanting any white bits!" I'm happy to adapt to any clients request IF I AM HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION! Never feel you can't say NO! X

Latest posts

Back