Managers Salary

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
Hi,

Im wondering if anyone can please help. What would be the going rate for a level 3 beauty therapist to be a manager. She will be the main therapist doing treatments as well as doing managerial work such as staff rotas ordering etc. I know this varys in each area but would just like to get a rough guide please.

Quite urgent so any help would be great thank you!

Hi
We downsized last year but before we did we paid £8 an hour plus commission at 10% of treatments after her basic wage was achieved. Our manager was really busy and she ended up taking home more than I could afford to pay myself! With hind sight I would maybe have paid 5% commission but it's hard to go backwards. Be realistic with what you can afford. My x boss told me my wage structure should never exceed 25% of my gross takings. I wish I'd listened :)
Hope this helps xxx

Thats brilliant that really helps and makes sense as well! Thank you ever so much. Also can i ask what was xpected of the manager? What kind of duties did she have to do, payroll? Banking etc? Just trying to get an idea of what i can expect of them with out being over the top.

Thank you

Hi
I didn't need her to do payroll or banking but she pretty much ran the salon in respect of the other staff whilst I was on mat leave and continued to over see all clients and staff and reported back to me on a regular basis. She was my eyes and ears so maybe a slight different position to you.
Xxx

Latest posts

Back