Manchester conversion course model question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
Hello!!

I am booked on creative conversion course in manchester on 25th October. I'm really nervous but looking forward to it too:Scared: :biggrin: .

I managed to rope my sister in as my model. However, as I live on the opposite side of manchester from where the course is being held, I will have to take my sister with me in the morning. It says that a model is not required until 1 o'clock, so where do I put her till then? Is it ok to bring model with me in the morning and if so is there somewhere she can wait (she won't appreciate sitting in the car for 3 hours!:( ). Does anyone know? Is anyone else attending on that day?

Also, as I have a monomer allergy I have to wear nitrile gloves (which I will take with me). This will be ok won't it?

ta

Julie x

Hi Julie!

Just up the road from the Academy is a shopping centre called The Ellesmere Centre, that should keep her busy for a while! J xx

Hi julie

Not 100% sure as have not done the conversion. But have done some of the other courses such as foundation and next step which again asks for the model from 1pm onwards. (I did mine in MK) I like you have had to take the model with me and they were fine. My model who was my sister just sat in on the class with me and then if we had wized through the other bits a bit quicker than expected then we were able to start the practial earlyer. Like I say not sure this is the same with all. Maybe it would be giveing them a quick call to find out.

While we are on the subject of training in Manchester...I have to make a choice about where to do my training in either Manchester or Leeds. As I live slap bang between the two citys I am open to either but I am not quite sure where in Manchester the academy is if it is a long way out of the centre it might be easier for me to go to Leeds??? Help!!!!

:confused:

Polished Princess.
X.

Hi! The Manchester Acadamey is in Walkden (roughly north west of the city centre). I think its about 10 miles from the centre (at least thats what it says on multimap!).

Thank you very muchly J! Does anyone have any opinions on where would be the best place to train or are they just the same??? I have got my booking forms today and cant wait to get started hopefully before the end of the year!!!

Polished Princess. X.

the standard of training will be exactly the same - the only choice you would need to make would be which is a better location for you!

Julie, dont worry about taking your sisister with you when you go to manchester. The staff there are very very welcoming. I have been to the Manchester and Cheshire academy's on quite a number of occasions, always taking my clients with me. you wont be the only one who is doing it so dont worry and enjoy your day.
You'll get to the end of the day and wonder what all your worrying was for!! And the courses are so good and fun, you'll go back again to do more. good luck :)

Polished princess,
the Manchester Nail Academy is off the M60 at Junction 13. you will then take the first exit off the roundabout and its streight on from there. you will pass Salford College (left hand side), Its the sandstone bulding on the same side but about 100ft further It's so easy to find.I don't know about the leeds one, Every time I go to yorkshire, I always get completely lost in Leeds. LOL (too many roundabouts for me!!) Best of luck.

jussy said:
Polished princess,
the Manchester Nail Academy is off the M60 at Junction 13. you will then take the first exit off the roundabout and its streight on from there. you will pass Salford College (left hand side), Its the sandstone bulding on the same side but about 100ft further It's so easy to find.I don't know about the leeds one, Every time I go to yorkshire, I always get completely lost in Leeds. LOL (too many roundabouts for me!!) Best of luck.

Thanks for the info Jus. Sounds like Manchester it is then! Last time I drove into Leeds I got so lost I had to pull over and flag a car down for directions :Scared: so I know exactly what you mean about Yorkshire!
Have a great weekend!

Polished Princess.X.

Latest posts

Back