Manicure for a 6 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Hello... I have been asked to do a Mummy/daughter manicure for a 6 year old's Birthday. I can't say I've had any experience doing one for someone so little. I will have the Mum sign a consent form before I start but was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice of what I should offer. Should it just be more of a file and paint? Thanks.

I have done plenty on little girls 5-10, I would just do a file & polish they don't need cuticle work at that age I feel!
Also of you slip up and cut them with anything children react 100000X worse than adults!
Use a soft grit to shape and then a polish to be safe :)
Xxx

As above, I just do a file and polish, and maybe add a mini hand massage for a full on pamper effect :)

Nail art always goes down well with this age too, a simple pattern with a dotting tool, or a transfer or decal.

I find vinylux the best polish to use for children aswell as they tend to be very impatient waiting for it to dry, and vinylux drys quick!

Also if you already offer glitter tattoos, it might be worth offering one of those? They are so quick and little girls (and boys) love them. Iv had lots of mums book a glitter tattoo party for their childs next birthday after having them as they love them so much

I agree with other posts. I've done tons of kids. The easy dot flowers for nail art is a big hit. They also like nails in different colors. Alternate fingers with 2 colors or find colors that compliment each other. All matte or all Frost or all glitter. 5 colors for 5 fingers. They love it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the ideas. Yeah I wasn't sure whether or not to perform a massage? Her party is themed to the movie Frozen so I think she wants some nail art to match. So I'm thinking glitter and/or snowflakes, not sure how much room I will have on her nails for nail art as apparently she is a little biter too. Also, would you perform a mini mani for the mother too or would you do a proper one? Just not sure if the little girl will be wondering why she didn't get excactly the same?

I got some frozen water decals from eBay for a princess party I did last month. They went down an absolute storm, and were only a couple of pounds x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't get the whole little girl beauty party things :/

Thanks will take a look.

Great idea and fun for the girls. My niece had a party like this and most of the mother's were there and agreed to the nail polish, but they didn't file, just polish.

I tend to just do file and polish with some nail art, with a few different Vinylux colours x I find doing 2 Vinylux top coats helps kids nail polish last longer. I have to do cuticles on my daughter (9), hers grow unbelievably!

Yeah sometimes the cuticles on littles ones are halfway up the nail I've do e a bit of cuticle work on 7 year olds but not younger I find doing shape cream and varnish sufficient and nearly always they choose pink it purple with glitter! Mum I would do a full mani

Latest posts

Back