Manicure for a mechanic!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essential Bliss

Reaction score
Hiya

I have a man booked for a manicure on Thursday as he is getting married Saturday. His hands are oil stained as you can imagine working in car engines every day.

I read a thread a long time ago which someone recommended a product that is ideal to remove these stains from a clients hands but I can't find it!

Can anyone offer me any advice?

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

I had exactly the same scenario at 8.45am this Saturday lol.

Try a mix of 2tbsp Baking Powder and 1tbsp Salt dissolved in warm water and have him soak in that for 15 mins. It worked a treat for my client, but that said he does try to wear latex gloves at work so they weren't perhaps as bad as they could have been!

Good luck and HTH x

My friend bleaches his hands, and scrubs them with a nail brush.
So if you can't find what you are looking for you could ask him to do this prior to his appointment.
I will probably be moaned at for saying it but I does work

Steradent lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd say salt scrub and paraffin wax treatment:cool:

My boyfriend is a farmer and his hands are always covered in diesel and oil, even when he's cleaned them there never really clean! The only thing that has ever made his hands clean was when we went swimming on holiday, maybe it was the chlorine/chemicals but they looked lovely and clean. If you can't get his hands 100% tell him to take a dip in the local pool, it will bring them up lovely!

Even the proper scrubs (swarfega?) etc don't bring my fellas hands out as clean as when we went swimming.

Hth x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for all your advice :)

Will try the baking powder soak, scrub and paraffin, failing that I'll send him to the swimming pool :) lol.

Will let you no how it goes Thursday :)

Kayleigh xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

Update! Manicure went perfectly, did the baking soda mix along with an exfoliation, he was over the moon, cleanest his hands have ever been.
Also done the bride and bridesmaids nails and make up so got a mention in the speech which is lovely :)

Thanks everyone xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back