Manicure trade test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailAddiction

Salon Owner & Educator
Reaction score
Hi!

I've just received a very exciting email. I applied for a company taking on hair styling, make up artists and manicurists to use on the jobs they do and I have been offered a interview. I have been told to bring my kit as I will be expected to do a trade test, I need to make a list of things so I don't forget anything??! Help please... :)

Hi!

I've just received a very exciting email. I applied for a company taking on hair styling, make up artists and manicurists to use on the jobs they do and I have been offered a interview. I have been told to bring my kit as I will be expected to do a trade test, I need to make a list of things so I don't forget anything??! Help please... :)

Hiya,
I had one last week and had to do a dry mani, polish & some nail art. All I ha

Stupid phone sent before I finished!! All I took was my metal tools, base & topcoat, all my nail art bits & bobs, 3 colours, files, orange sticks & solar oil. Turned out they had all that there for me to use but I had everything I needed just incase.
Sorry if im not much help.
Good luck
Xx

Stupid phone sent before I finished!! All I took was my metal tools, base & topcoat, all my nail art bits & bobs, 3 colours, files, orange sticks & solar oil. Turned out they had all that there for me to use but I had everything I needed just incase.
Sorry if im not much help.
Good luck
Xx

Hi! Thanks for your reply, I emailed them back to confirm I would be there and asked for a little more info on what I would be expected to do so I knew what to take and they said just basic skills so sounds like I will need the same as you!

Thankyou!! I can't wait, how did yours go?x

Hi! Thanks for your reply, I emailed them back to confirm I would be there and asked for a little more info on what I would be expected to do so I knew what to take and they said just basic skills so sounds like I will need the same as you!

Thankyou!! I can't wait, how did yours go?x

I didn't want to take my whole kit and those bits I managed to fit into a large make up bag with compartments as I didn't want to be lugging a big case around.
If you are not sure wether you will need something take it anyway, better to be prepared and you'll be less stressed knowing you have everything.

My interview couldn't have gone better! Trade test went well and i think i impressed them. Left really pleased with it all, they asked me to go back for a trial today but then emailed to let me down late last night saying they didn't want me to come in as I'm not trained in shellac an they needed me to be ASAP. :( wasn't meant to be I guess, but I'm sure something will come along soon.

You'll be fab at it I'm sure. As long as you take everything you think you'll need you'll be prepared. Don't sweat it, at the end of the day you are going there to do what you always do. You just have to show them. Good luck with it, let us know how you get on. :) xx

I didn't want to take my whole kit and those bits I managed to fit into a large make up bag with compartments as I didn't want to be lugging a big case around.
If you are not sure wether you will need something take it anyway, better to be prepared and you'll be less stressed knowing you have everything.

My interview couldn't have gone better! Trade test went well and i think i impressed them. Left really pleased with it all, they asked me to go back for a trial today but then emailed to let me down late last night saying they didn't want me to come in as I'm not trained in shellac an they needed me to be ASAP. :( wasn't meant to be I guess, but I'm sure something will come along soon.

You'll be fab at it I'm sure. As long as you take everything you think you'll need you'll be prepared. Don't sweat it, at the end of the day you are going there to do what you always do. You just have to show them. Good luck with it, let us know how you get on. :) xx

Ahh no what a shame!! Well atleast you know apart from that you impressed them, they must have loved you and what you did!

Made myself a list of what I think I will need so I'm organised, just to look forwards to it now! :) x

Latest posts

Back