Marbling Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxCaZxXx

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've been trying to marble shellac and it looks vile! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383220785.004135.jpg

please help!!!

This is an example of some of my marbled nails. Choose your base colour and cure. Apply second coat, not too thick, Do not cure. Choose 2 or 3 other colours and with a dotting tool you can drop a small amount of each colour on the nail. Depending on the look you want it can be quite uniformed or in random places.
For this look I used a long striping brush. I started at the cuticle area and pulled it through the Shellac to the free edge. Go along the nail doing that. It's best not to overwork the marbling or it can look a bit messy. Another trick is to use a tooth pick very gently to create little swirls.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383221803379.jpg
    1383221803379.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 640
Thank you! I'll give that way ago. And your example is beautiful xxxx

I love the marbelling look. Here are 2 examples I've done recently and a tutorial I made to help others.

1. Choose your colours, I've gone for Asphalt, Cityscape and Silver VIP on the tutorial.

2. Apply 2 coats of base colour. DO NOT CURE second layer. It's best to work on 2 nails at a time so that the polish solvents don't start to evaporate.

3. Apply a stripe of Cityscape and Silver VIP Status to one half of the nail.

4. Decant some Silver VIP on to a tile and run your striping brush through it.

5. Pull your striping brush through the silver VIP, into the cityscape then into the asphalt. Carry on until you get your desired effect, occasionally wiping off the striping brush and loading up again with Silver VIP. Don't over work it you want to just pull through the colours not mix them as that could cause curing issues

6. Carry on with the rest of the hand, cure for 2 minutes and top coat as usual.

I hope that helps xx

Attachments

• 1383234711070.jpg
    1383234711070.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 526
  • 1383234723081.jpg
    1383234723081.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 479
  • 1383234736199.jpg
    1383234736199.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 491
I love the marbelling look. Here are 2 examples I've done recently and a tutorial I made to help others.

1. Choose your colours, I've gone for Asphalt, Cityscape and Silver VIP on the tutorial.

2. Apply 2 coats of base colour. DO NOT CURE second layer. It's best to work on 2 nails at a time so that the polish solvents don't start to evaporate.

5. Pull your striping brush through the silver VIP, into the cityscape then into the asphalt. Carry on until you get your desired effect, occasionally wiping off the striping brush and loading up again with Silver VIP. Don't over work it you want to just pull through the colours not mix them as that could cause curing issues

6. Carry on with the rest of the hand, cure for 2 minutes and top coat as usual.

I hope that helps xx

You are such an inspiration!!! I've done this a lot from when you posted it on another thread - such a cool design!!!!

It's great changing the colours around - one of my faves is Blackpool, Wildfire and Ice Vapor! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383236005.361113.jpg

I followed step by step, even down to the colours and it's come out perfectly. Thank you so much! It looks lovely xxxx

You are such an inspiration!!! I've done this a lot from when you posted it on another thread - such a cool design!!!!

It's great changing the colours around - one of my faves is Blackpool, Wildfire and Ice Vapor! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww thank you. Wow I bet that looks gorgeous xxx

I hope that helps xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383292719.128624.jpg I had a little play last night. Very new to all of this I used Blackpool iced cappuccino and hot ski .. Not my best work ..so hard doing it on yourself !!.... X

This is one of my marbles for a client that wanted white/pink/orange combo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383295800222.jpg
    1383295800222.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 352

That's fab how did u do that I love it ... 😄

Hi ladies I'm going to try this today. I'm going away to a wedding the weekend and I was thinking reds/ deep reds, chocolate.

Fingernail fixer did a tutorial ages ago on this using dark lava, rubble and gold VIP, looked gorgeous, but was very subtle, I'm after someone a bit more noticeable (if that makes sense!). Any ideas xxxx

Those colours sound gorgeous together. Is get the pops out and try a few combos. You could always add a sprinkle of glitter here and there for extra wow factor xx

That's fab how did u do that I love it ... 😄

Hey thanks, I did base, cure, first colour coat (white), cure, second colour coat, dabbed on spots of colour, gently swirled through with a dotting tool, cure, top coat, swipe.
I call this wet on wet :)
(Just because the art is swirled whilst wet on a wet base)

Hey thanks, I did base, cure, first colour coat (white), cure, second colour coat, dabbed on spots of colour, gently swirled through with a dotting tool, cure, top coat, swipe.
I call this wet on wet :)
(Just because the art is swirled whilst wet on a wet base)

Need to order some more colours then I'll have to have another experiment ... Somehow I don't think they'll look anywhere like yours 😕

I tend to do this kind of marbling with shellac. It's super effective! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383329560.665114.jpg

Need to order some more colours then I'll have to have another experiment ... Somehow I don't think they'll look anywhere like yours 😕

Awww bless you, I found after lots of playing that less is more ;)
Less swirling means a better pattern.

Love it! Haven't marbled for ages! You've spurned me on to get creative just in time for Chrimbo!

Latest posts

Back