Marketing Tips - any free advice websites for hair/beauty industry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

divalou

Reaction score
Hi there;
Does anyone know of any free marketing advice and tips specific to our industry out there? Im in need of seriously growing my business and need clients to do that!
hope you guys can help
thanks
x

ring your local business link and ask them to come and give you a visit. they offer free and impartial advice, can steer you towards possible funding for new treatments and equipment.

I've just been given 3 marketing companies details, they will come to you because of business link, and see if they can suggest anything that will help. I've only had one out so far and didn't give me anything of great interest but I've got 2 more calls to make and may well pitch differently to them.

Do what every Business owner should do, use your brain and come up with your own ideas. If you cannot do this then really you shouldn't be in Business. Today I have spent in excess of £100 on Cards offering Promotions which could well return 10 x that.

As for the suggestion of Business Link lol, you'd be better off going into your local Mcdonalds and asking advice from behind the counter. Business Link are useless!

Do what every Business owner should do, use your brain and come up with your own ideas. If you cannot do this then really you shouldn't be in Business. !

Oh cheers, I have been trying to come up with my own ideas thanks, but as Im not in the business of Marketing and Ive never done any training in it Im having a bit of trouble finding something that works. Im a professional hairdresser not a professional advertising and marketing person.
I think Ive got enough on my plate without doing a degree in Marketing or Psychology of the Consumer. Thats what other people get paid to do and there is nothing wrong with looking for advice. Im not stealing other people's ideas, I just know that there are certain ways of doing it that just work and I want to know how to do it.
So go brag about your cards to someone else or say something constructive.

and thanks for the Constructive advice from everyone else

Oh cheers, I have been trying to come up with my own ideas thanks, but as Im not in the business of Marketing and Ive never done any training in it Im having a bit of trouble finding something that works. Im a professional hairdresser not a professional advertising and marketing person.
I think Ive got enough on my plate without doing a degree in Marketing or Psychology of the Consumer. Thats what other people get paid to do and there is nothing wrong with looking for advice. Im not stealing other people's ideas, I just know that there are certain ways of doing it that just work and I want to know how to do it.

Perhaps you should not have gone into Business if you have no concept of Marketing. Most Businesses thrive on marketing of some description. Sorry if I sounded harsh but I didn't mean to.

mmm so what your saying is that people that have a talent for something but have no marketing skills shouldn't be in business?
Right I give up, I have no marketing skills so really shoudnt be in business.

Good way to support and encourage people mate.

have to say this isnt the first time fiz has come Across as rude!! maybe you should rethink your way of responding to thread or else if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything. i have been on here a while now and have found everybody is really nice and HELPFUL in dishing out ideas.

Perhaps you should not have gone into Business if you have no concept of Marketing. Most Businesses thrive on marketing of some description. Sorry if I sounded harsh but I didn't mean to.

Yes you sound harsh.
Yes you sound stupid.
How dare you say that people who have no concept of marketing shouldn't be business.

When you start a business up, you suddenly find that you are not just a therapist, you are a marketing person, an accountant, your own PR, receptionist, laundrette, personal shopper, confidante.

Now are you saying Fitz that if you aren't a trained accountant you shouldn't get into this business.
Why not try thinking before you commit to writing something, oh yes, perhaps we need to be printed authors before we are allowed to write anything too.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back