Massage insurance and GP referral

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsMassageTherapy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new and went straight with insurance through the FHT after qualifying, after completing further courses I believe my insurance might be restrictive in terms of gaining permission for treatment when GP referral is needed. So I just wanted to ask here to see if there are better alternatives.

I would like an insurance where the consent for treatment can be gained via the client verbally asking their GP or other relevant health care professional and then the client can sign the consent form to say they have gained consent from the relevant person. I would like this to cover pregnant clients as well. FHT as stating that written consent is required for every pregnant client to have treatment and this is just not going to work.

I look forward to hearing your insurance recommendations

I'm not sure tbh without actually asking an insurance company yourself as they quote differently for everyone/business. My insurance requires a DR's written note if they are under treatment for anything (if it pertains or could affect the treatment). I imagine doctors notes or referrals are needed to be in writing from them as any client could say yes doc said its fine and sign, it wouldn't mean anything in court if they decided to claim if anything were to happen. If the client denied to let you know anything medical and signed a consultation as ok then that's the clients fault.

As far as I know most insurance companies require written consent

Every good Insurer is going to you to require you to obtain written G.P. confirmation for all sorts of scenarios. It is also good practice to get written G.P. letters, as any client can say yes I have suffered with (insert ) but my GP says it's OK! Then when something happens you will have no recourse and your insurer will not cover you.

Latest posts

Back