Massage therapist help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieeelouuu

Reaction score
ive just started my own business to be a mobile therapist from home.I've figured out my prices as these:
swedish Full body one hour £20
back neck and shoulders £15
deep tissue one hour full body £25.

how did all you lovely masseuse's kick start your business? and do you have enought clients to keep you going without having another job? also did you do a special rate for first customers? i was thinking a tenner for a full body first appointment or is that too cheap?

thanking you!!!

:D

kate

Hi I think that is far to cheap, have done your research around your area to see what other massage therapist are charging, even though you are new don't undersell yourself, they will think cheap prices cheap treatments. I do beauty as well as massage and I could do massage 24 hrs a day if it was up to the clients, but I do beauty treatments in between because massage takes it out of you, hope this helps x Good luck x

That seems very low prices I am on cheaper end of scale for here and 25 for full body massage. I found doing events like holistic fairs and school fetes helped get my name out there and rather than a low first session I offered a refer a friend scheme and a taster session if people were undecided about booking rather than a full session cheaply. Hope that makes sense on school run at minute lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I think your prices are already cheap without offering a discount for their first treatment! If you want to do a discount somewhere to try and get people in, do a refer a friend scheme or % off after so many treatments. If your a good therapist and charging them prices you will soon be booked up by word of mouth.

You could try an ad in a local magazine, and make a fb page to get the first few customers through the door!

Good luck!

Blimey - if you're a fully qualified massage therapist (like ITEC etc) then I'd say you're very very cheap! Full body round here is about £30-£40...

Thankyou all for replying!! great tips i just didnt wanna scare people off with prices for just starting eventhough ivbe been qualified for over a year now. but youve given some great advice and tips :) thanks geeks hehe xx

Too cheap, I'd you're cheap people will think you're not properly qualified. Charge your worth, you've done the training, you've got the insurance :)

Latest posts

Back