massaging courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenjade

Reaction score
hi
when i turn 18 i am going to be looking into doing a massage course at home but i just wondered if anybody knows the best course i can do at home or online? i guess some of them will cost a bit of money?

thanks
xxx

I did my RMT (registered massage therapist) course in a distance format. I only went to classes every few weekends for a year. I had to find an internship on my own (I did at a chiropractic clinic) and I had to study on my own.

You seem like a motivated young woman, which is important. I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but here, you can just be a massage therapist which means you took a short week-long course or something. Or you can be an RMT. I spent a year in school and when my clients come to me, I bill their health insurance company.

Obviously, the latter costs a lot more money and time. And let me just say that I COMPLETELY under-estimated the amount of course work I was getting myself into. I learned every single bone in the body, about 100 out of the 600something muscles in the body and basically how the entire body works. I learned about medications, diseases, etc.

If I could go back, I probably would have prepared myself for the extremely large amount of work there is.

Long story short, I seriously doubt there are any strictly online massage therapy courses. And if there is, please be wary of them. You NEED in-class instruction to do body work. Hopefully you can find a happy medium like a course that you can do on weekends.

HTH! =)

Hello,
I don't mean to be unhelpful, but I really don't think its possible to do such a practical subject just from home. You can do the anatomy and physiology as a home learn course and any course work, but then do a practical course afterwards.

As you are young you may find college is free (or quite reasonable)and I know they have therapy courses at Lowestoft, Norwich and Great Yarmouth colleges (I've been to both Lowestoft and Norwich College).

Its only really worth getting a well recognised qualification, something like ITEC or VTCT, which you would get at college.

There really is no easy or short cut way of doing it I'm afraid, but its good fun, and very interesting.
Good luck.x

Latest posts

Back