Matrix so Red, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatherineRose

CatherineRose
Reaction score
Hi all,

So a couple of weeks ago I posted about a new mobile client who used a matrix red on her hair and ideally wanted to keep using it but I was trying to see if I could find a better alternate.

Anyways, she's adamant she wants to stick with the colour she has now and I've found out its the matrix sored.

Just after some help please. I believe it's a lift an deposit so.... what developer would you all use ? Like I think I'm just being thick not knowing but we don't use matrix in work so I'm not very clued up with them. Also, do I only do the roots or can I put it through the ends. Also, is it just a normal colour or do I have to mix it with anything other than developer.

I'm either thick or over thinking this but some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all x

Hi all,

So a couple of weeks ago I posted about a new mobile client who used a matrix red on her hair and ideally wanted to keep using it but I was trying to see if I could find a better alternate.

Anyways, she's adamant she wants to stick with the colour she has now and I've found out its the matrix sored.

Just after some help please. I believe it's a lift an deposit so.... what developer would you all use ? Like I think I'm just being thick not knowing but we don't use matrix in work so I'm not very clued up with them. Also, do I only do the roots or can I put it through the ends. Also, is it just a normal colour or do I have to mix it with anything other than developer.

I'm either thick or over thinking this but some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all x

I'd use a quasi through the mids and ends, otherwise you're going to get build up and more damage.

I'd say she's about a base 5 naturally and wants it as red as possible. I think I'm struggling more on what developer strength to use. If anyone could help x

I'd say she's about a base 5 naturally and wants it as red as possible. I think I'm struggling more on what developer strength to use. If anyone could help x

Well igora fashion lights lifts and deposits, and you use 40 vol with that. Why not look on the matrix site?

I use a 6% with soRed

Well igora fashion lights lifts and deposits, and you use 40 vol with that. Why not look on the matrix site?

I did but it said you have to sign up online to look at mixing ratios etc so I thought I'd ask for advice on here first before.

I use a 6% with soRed

Would you use 6% a natural base 5 to get a good lift with it ? Does it make it really bright?

Yes and yes...I've sliced this straight onto a level 2 and it was beautiful...real metallic looking when the hair parted through it...

Yes and yes...I've sliced this straight onto a level 2 and it was beautiful...real metallic looking when the hair parted through it...

Aaaah brilliant. Thanks. Someone else suggested 6 to me too x

Your not ment to use the so reds directly on to the scalp I was told on a matrix course. You can use them as a highlight or mix them in to other colours to give them a boost. If you want to do a full head tint they advise to use ie 6RR/6RV/6RC to roots only then apply sored 1cm away from scalp. I'm sure it's fine on scalp but it would stain it really badly I think!!! Lush colours!! X

I was trained that you can, but no higher than a 6%, and yes it can stain badly, so be careful

I realky think this is a regrettable situation. Never allow a client to choose the products you will use to achieve the results the client is asking for.

Matrix so red is not to be used on scalp! The HD series is to pair with so red and is safe for virgin and on scalp application

Latest posts

Back