Matte sealant curing problems with CND gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon-sal

Reaction score
I have recently done a few very nice sets of nails which have been ruined by the sealant not curing correctly. Any ideas what has gone wrong? After curing it, i wipe with cleaner before the end of the treatment to remove the residue and it's completely matt, not shiney as it should be at all. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen every time, sometimes it's lovely and shiny, I can't think what I'm doing wrong! I make sure it cures for the full 2 mins, use a different brush for sealant etc but sometimes it cures properly and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas? THANKS!

Is it due to you possibly having your application too thick?

It has to be an application problem otherwise it would be happening with every client.

I think Sandi is right ... you may also need to consider your bulbs in your CND UV Lamp and whether or not they need replacing.

Have you tried to use Solar Oil instead of cleaner after curing? Put a drop of Solar Oil on to the nail after curing and massage it in with a pad. This removes the sticky layer and adds oil at the same time.

Have you tried to use Solar Oil instead of cleaner after curing? Put a drop of Solar Oil on to the nail after curing and massage it in with a pad. This removes the sticky layer and adds oil at the same time.

I don't know where this idea of rubbing SolarOil in to removwe the inhibition layer comes from (this is the 2nd time in a couple of days) but I must emphasise emphatically that this is a dangerous thing to do and is NOT NOT NOT a CND teaching ... more someone's ill-informed opinion.

I don't care where you heard it but it is WRONG.
Using oil to remove the inhibition layer of any gel is a big overexposure issue. The sticky layer is reactive and should never touch the skin. Smearing the inhibition layer onto the skin with oil is dangerous.

I don't know where this idea of rubbing SolarOil in to removwe the inhibition layer comes from (this is the 2nd time in a couple of days) but I must emphasise emphatically that this is a dangerous thing to do and is NOT NOT NOT a CND teaching ... more someone's ill-informed opinion.

I don't care where you heard it but it is WRONG.
Using oil to remove the inhibition layer of any gel is a big overexposure issue. The sticky layer is reactive and should never touch the skin. Smearing the inhibition layer onto the skin with oil is dangerous.

Thanks for info. But I can tell you that this is what I have been told, only two months ago by an CND instuctor. But I will forward you comment to them, so they can correct their instruction.
Thanks again.

Thanks for info. But I can tell you that this is what I have been told, only two months ago by an CND instuctor. But I will forward you comment to them, so they can correct their instruction.
Thanks again.

Please DO.
If that is so, then they are teaching a personal opinion and that opinion is NOT anything from the CND education manuel. Good God, Doug Schoon would have a fit!!!

Latest posts

Back