Mentoring?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyg

Reaction score
Just a few questions for all of you out there: What exactly does having a mentor do for you? How did you find your mentor? Do you pay them for their time? How does the relationship work?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!:hug:

I have mentored a few people to success and I have never charged them. My job is to aid them in making the best decisions for them and their career.

A real mentor is NOT a person who tells you what to do but is a person who is a partner who guides you .. helps you to make your own decisions but armed with the wisdom of their experience.

A true mentor will encourage you to come to the correct conclusions yourself. This is very important to understand if you are choosing someone to mentor you.

thank you for your responses! I guess I am wondering how to go about finding the right person, I am in BC Canada, and there is very little here in the way of more advanced education, unless I want to switch lines all together, which isnt an option right now. I am wondering what I should look for in a mentor, and how best to approach the right person. Also, what I should expect etc.

Well I have told you what to look for ... and I have explained what a good mentor is .... the next thing is to ask. If I can help you I would be glad to from a distance. :)

Latest posts

Back