Micro ring/i tip hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
I am thinking of training in the new year. I already am trained in LA Weave and Nano Rings, and try and do weaves as much as possible as nano rings take quite a long time.

Are microrings and itip pretty much the same application method? Does everyone find a large demand for these type of hair extensions?

Also i trained with Oakley and i would be happy to go back to them again , but can anyone recommend any other company?

i'm trained in micro rings and bonds and i do 99% bonds.... used to do micro rings more but most of my clients have switched over as they prefer bonds :)

i trained with KM x

Micro rings is a massive part of my business. I work full time doing only extensions on a self employed basis. This week I've done 8 micro rings, 3 nano and 2 weaves. Definitely worth training in Micro rings in my opinion.
Micro ring, nano and weaves are my three most popular! So you've made a good choice with the nano and Weave. I very rarely fit bonds. I can count on 1 hand how many sets of bonds I've done this year. Not sure if it's a geographical thing as to where which method is most popular but I hardly ever get asked about bonds. I also trained in tape extensions and micro weft but I literally never get asked for these so was a bit of a waste.

So I say go for it :)

Definitely think it's geographical. I trained in micro weft, micro rings and pre bonded! Only ever done micro rings and never even been asked about the others. And to the OP, micro rings is the application method/technique and i-tip/ stick tip hair is the tip type of extension you need to order to do micro rings

I'm trained in pre bond and micro ring, I only do pre bond, I'm doing my la weave course on Monday. So excited xx

If a client has thin hair I sometimes buy mini/small tips so I can fit a good amount of hair into the bond. I've always found u tips the most popular, I prefer to fit these but dislike the removals. X

Thanks everyone I think I will look into micro rings.

Micro rings is a massive part of my business. I work full time doing only extensions on a self employed basis. This week I've done 8 micro rings, 3 nano and 2 weaves. Definitely worth training in Micro rings in my opinion.
Micro ring, nano and weaves are my three most popular! So you've made a good choice with the nano and Weave. I very rarely fit bonds. I can count on 1 hand how many sets of bonds I've done this year. Not sure if it's a geographical thing as to where which method is most popular but I hardly ever get asked about bonds. I also trained in tape extensions and micro weft but I literally never get asked for these so was a bit of a waste.

So I say go for it :)
How long would you say a full head of micro rings takes you? My first set of nano rings with cutting took me about 5 hours and that was only 140! We did have a few tea breaks so could probably take half an hour off for that, but still 4 and a half hours is pretty long x

How long would you say a full head of micro rings takes you? My first set of nano rings with cutting took me about 5 hours and that was only 140! We did have a few tea breaks so could probably take half an hour off for that, but still 4 and a half hours is pretty long x
I take around 2 hours to fit an average head of 150 bonds. Shame my u tip fittings take twice as long

Latest posts

Back