Micro rings/nano rings/copper tubes/mini copper tubes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlottez1994

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I do hair extensions myself and I'm trained in micro rings and fusion bonds.
When I have extensions I have nano in normally as I have finer hair. I've been looking into the mini itips and mini copper tubes though. I've found that you can buy them silicon lined too.
All I wanted to know is what exactly is the difference between them all and whats the best in your personal opinion?
Apart from the fact that micro rings are bigger and more bulky and copper tubes lay flat and nano rings are super tiny. Is there an actual difference? More slipping? Better hold? Less discrete? Can you have them maintained like micro rings?
HELP! I don't know what method to use next!

Silicone rings grip better and is kinder to the hair so those are always advised to be used, the copper ones contain no nickel, nickel is something a client could be allergic to, you'll maintain nano rings the same as microrings

When I use copper tubes (I used the tiny ones called mini locks there smaller then the standard copper tubes) I found some clients only lost 5 or under stands, one lost 9, one lost 13 and another lost 20 :/!! I think they only stay in if the client has thick hair. I will use them if clients want them but worn them more can come out because there not lined inside.

I use 4mm micro rings now with tiny tips and none of clients loose any strands and if they do it's only 2 or 3. Same with nano rings because there silicone lined aswell.

Nano rings on the maintenance you need to completely remove the strands and refit with new nano ring, which is the same as what I do for micro rings /copper tubes anyway - some people just push up the bead which I personally don't think is good

Silicone rings grip better and is kinder to the hair so those are always advised to be used, the copper ones contain no nickel, nickel is something a client could be allergic to, you'll maintain nano rings the same as microrings
So can you get silicon lined copper tubes then if they grip better? And you maintain copper tubes the same as micro and nano rings? X

When I use copper tubes (I used the tiny ones called mini locks there smaller then the standard copper tubes) I found some clients only lost 5 or under stands, one lost 9, one lost 13 and another lost 20 :/!! I think they only stay in if the client has thick hair. I will use them if clients want them but worn them more can come out because there not lined inside.

I use 4mm micro rings now with tiny tips and none of clients loose any strands and if they do it's only 2 or 3. Same with nano rings because there silicone lined aswell.

Nano rings on the maintenance you need to completely remove the strands and refit with new nano ring, which is the same as what I do for micro rings /copper tubes anyway - some people just push up the bead which I personally don't think is good
But you can get the silicon lined copper tubes though can't you? I take it they would work better as they're lined and hopefully not slip so much? I'm just torn between getting nano bead again or switching to copper tubes. Xx

I've never used copper tubes and I've always got on well with nano beads and micro rings but didn't know if it was worth trying them tubes to see if I liked them! The slipping is putting me off though, but surely if I could get hold of some silicon lined copper tubes they wouldn't slip so much and maybe they'd be okay? I'm ordering the hair from Euphoria One. But their mini copper tubes aren't silicon lined xx

But you can get the silicon lined copper tubes though can't you? I take it they would work better as they're lined and hopefully not slip so much? I'm just torn between getting nano bead again or switching to copper tubes. Xx
You can get silcone lined copper tubes yes but to me there no different to 4mm micro rings which are a lot cheaper x
I'd personally only use beads / rings / tubes that are silcone lined, if you want to use the unlined ones just make ur client aware they can slip more. I think having a good clamp makes a big difference aswell, I use a stainless steel one from hair planet, the clamp I was given when I did my training course was crap and made the beads slip more x

You can get silcone lined copper tubes yes but to me there no different to 4mm micro rings which are a lot cheaper x
I'd personally only use beads / rings / tubes that are silcone lined, if you want to use the unlined ones just make ur client aware they can slip more. I think having a good clamp makes a big difference aswell, I use a stainless steel one from hair planet, the clamp I was given when I did my training course was crap and made the beads slip more x
These are for me personally for my next lot of extensions I'm going to be getting. And I know what you mean about the clamp. The one I was given for my training was horrendous and as soon as I bought another one from transform it was amazing!
Thanks for your advice xx

Nano rings can't be pushed up as when u crack the ring to open it breaks so you have to do complete refits with nano x

Latest posts

Back