Microblading case studies/practicing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty101

Kitty101
Reaction score
would like to see what everyone charge after they leave there microblading training how much would you charge clients for your first 4 case studies and after your first 4 do you put your prices up or stay low as your still practising etc, want to advertise 4 weeks before I do my course so I can book clients after for this get them in and start practising. Thanks X

I did my First Lady for free due to her being an amazing friend who does anything for me even put her trust in me for my first ever go on my own ;) my next few were £100 and I've done 6 so far I'm now charging £150 as they have been made aware I'm qualified but I need to gain experience my full price will be £250 which will probably come in next year due to being really busy December already x hope this helps x to
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447233213.437086.jpg

Attached is my First Lady I got back from training and it took me nearly 2 weeks to get everything together to do it I was really nervous and forgot the before picture

I did my First Lady for free due to her being an amazing friend who does anything for me even put her trust in me for my first ever go on my own ;) my next few were £100 and I've done 6 so far I'm now charging £150 as they have been made aware I'm qualified but I need to gain experience my full price will be £250 which will probably come in next year due to being really busy December already x hope this helps x to View attachment 191962
Attached is my First Lady I got back from training and it took me nearly 2 weeks to get everything together to do it I was really nervous and forgot the before picture

Ha ha same my first one which I'll do is my friend she does everything for me babysitting so won't charge her, that's great thanks, so when you did £100 then increases Price up too £150 is that including top ups too? Thanks x

I didn't advertise at £100 I did it as she was booked in when I got back but I wasn't ready to do it so felt I mucked her around ;) I advertised to my customers if they booked would be £150 and £30 for top up as I always advised to charge for top up if it's free people would book in and not need it as it was free wasting our time ;( with my experience customers I prob won't charge as it may be my fault they need a top up am going to play it by ear ;) I'm prob going to advertise on Facebook for the £150 to get some people in as I'm the only person in guernsey doing this treatment and need to get the name out there xx

I didn't advertise at £100 I did it as she was booked in when I got back but I wasn't ready to do it so felt I mucked her around ;) I advertised to my customers if they booked would be £150 and £30 for top up as I always advised to charge for top up if it's free people would book in and not need it as it was free wasting our time ;( with my experience customers I prob won't charge as it may be my fault they need a top up am going to play it by ear ;) I'm prob going to advertise on Facebook for the £150 to get some people in as I'm the only person in guernsey doing this treatment and need to get the name out there xx

Im thinking i might do my first one free on my friend then charge £100 and top ups 4-6 weeks £30/£40 till I qualify and bump it up like you to get people in at £150 and £70 for top up, obv I'll ask for deposits too ha ha, that's so good your the only one you will do well, there's a few in my area are doing them so hopefully I'll be fine, I see some people advertise with their price and say including top up and other places say seperate not sure which is good :-/ lol xx

You can say it's say £150 but deposit at consult is £40 day of treatment is £75 and top up is £35 then people will think it's more affordable if broken into 3 payments.. But you may find people will pay deposit and then the rest on day of treatment x

Last edited:
You can say it's say £150 but deposit at consult is £40 day of treatment is £75 and top up is £35 then people will think it's more affordable if broken into 3 payments.. But you may find people will pay deposit and then the rest on day of treatment x

Ok thanks :) what price did you do when you did your case studies & practising till you got your certificate? Xx

also do you need to patch test on clients for microblading?

That's a good way of pricing ;) and yes full patch test every time

Quick question, I saw a beautician last night had my nails done and was telling her I'm training to do microblading in two months time, she said her friend had it done, it was so bad it got infected? How does this happen aparantly she uses a new blade and hand tool, and she was saying she got spots all over her face & chest! Put me off when she said this! Is this an allergy reaction? Scared now, I have had a few beauticians been but anti saying things trying to put me off not sure because it's competition they don't want me to do well lol, I know sounds silly. She also said she had hair strokes then they all disappeared when they got infected was thinking either allergy or she went to deep, as she said whilst she was having it done she was bleeding loads? X

Last edited:
The way I work - I use a disposable blade and holder 1 new one every time even a top up is a new one as soon as I'm finished the full item is disposed of in the sharpes bin room is sterilised before and after if I move from where I am to grab anything I de glove wash hands and re glove how I've been trained I prefer the disposable method costs a tiny bit more but worth every penny, all of my stuff is disposable per client if she got infected unless it's bad hygiene during it will be to do with afterwards and aftercare not being to the letter an allergic reaction patch test everyone and everything completely leaving it on for a full 24 hours and there shouldn't be a reaction, if she had an infection and stopped aftercare and healed too quick they probably did dissappear I've been told since training they do dissappear and come back after 4 weeks if you don't go deep enough they do dissappear but Microblading isn't too deep you do bleed having it done same with a tattoo as your breaking the skin but she wouldn't of shouldn't of seen this you cannot drink the 24 hours before for sure as you will bleed more blood thinners you can't Microblade the normal contraindications if these are checked and told they will bleed more in consultation I tell them you cannot drink 2 days prior to be safe and when they come in I double check I have turned someone away as they had wine the night before yes cost me time but I refused to do it x sorry to waffle I hope this helps x if your hygiene is top standard they won't get an infection from your end you have to be assertive with your clients and tell them straight what they need to do over and over again and show them everything is sealed and sterile and show them your procedures , I'm quite stern with my ladies as you need to tell them x

Last edited:
She could of been trying to put you off, Microblading isn't for everyone same as any beauty treatment really there are treatments I won't do any more as I just don't enjoy doing them, anything anyone does can have an allergic reaction , if your worried ask her to give her friend your contact details so you can ask her maybe ? Get some questions answered and get her thoughts ? X

It will be down to her after care and has probs trapped make up or dirt in her brows most likely if the therapist who did them was strict on her hygiene and sterilisation x

It will be down to her after care and has probs trapped make up or dirt in her brows most likely if the therapist who did them was strict on her hygiene and sterilisation x
Yeps what I was trying to say but got side tracked waffling lol x

Thanks guys I was talking to my friend about this too she was saying the same, I said to my beautician maybe she's on medication or was drinking or taking aspirin as this thins the blood, she said she doesn't know. So could be that or aftercare, when I patch test I will defiantly say no Alcohol & aspirin for 48hrs prior to their appointment don't want loads of bleeding. Ya my training where in doing you use a new blade & hand took everytime. Hope I never get this happen to me!!! The beautician said to me she's had semi permanent make up before my machine she's always been fine so weird X

Please help - I have an iPhone was trying to organise photos stupidly and I've lost all my Microblading training videos and photos all my set up photos I took videos and training photos I took not too mention all my customer photos I thought they were in a folder they were safe I haven't backed up and iCloud was full ages ago my own fault really what I'm asking is anyone who has trained with elite Microblading can help me out that would be amazing I'm so upset with myself right now ;(

Please help - I have an iPhone was trying to organise photos stupidly and I've lost all my Microblading training videos and photos all my set up photos I took videos and training photos I took not too mention all my customer photos I thought they were in a folder they were safe I haven't backed up and iCloud was full ages ago my own fault really what I'm asking is anyone who has trained with elite Microblading can help me out that would be amazing I'm so upset with myself right now ;(

Oh no hope you get this sorted and some will help, poor you x

I did my First Lady for free due to her being an amazing friend who does anything for me even put her trust in me for my first ever go on my own ;) my next few were £100 and I've done 6 so far I'm now charging £150 as they have been made aware I'm qualified but I need to gain experience my full price will be £250 which will probably come in next year due to being really busy December already x hope this helps x to View attachment 191962

martine do you have contact details am looking to get details on your trainer?

Hi Girls,

I recently trained with elite microblading. I am struggling with the pigments and what to use on each client - does anyone have before and afters and the colour pigments used to help? Thanks

Latest posts

Back