Microdermabrasion back treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi all

Was hoping to get some advice of the above, we currently do alot of Microderm Facials and have the occasional other areas treated but mostly for scaring.

We are just starting renovation on the salon and within a couple of months we will have completed the extension etc and once this has been done I am redoing our treatment list adding new treatments, updating etc but until then I dont really want to add anything new as such but perhaps just add a twist to a few treatments.

So what I wanted to know was as summer is coming (apparantly!) if we offered a Microderm Back treatment along with mask etc and marketed it as a treatment before holiday etc would by doing it as a one off treatment actually do anything for the back?

Now as im typing this im thinking dont be stupid, I know what Microderm does so I know it can do some good but for some reason im having doubts so have turned to SG for some advice.

Does anybody offer a treatment like this? If so what else do you add to the Microderm i.e what type of mask, would you add in a massage?

Just looking for some ideas really.

Sorry for rambling on.

K x

I havnt sern anything like this but would def try it coz i have a very spotty back and with summer now i stay covered.

In fact i would market it along those lines. Hydrating, smoothing or body buffing would appeal to me

Fantastic idea as a treatment.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Sounds nice idea but my only concern with this is that as you probably know that after microdermabrasion it is essential to wear a high spf as you have taken the superficial layer/ dead skin cells off and the new skin may be vunerable.

If someone books it under the "pre holiday" treatment, are they then going off for two week in spain to get their suntan and risk over exposure.

With the face, people are more careful, a very high percentage of sunburn cases are to the back and shoulders.

H xx

Hi Geminikelli,

I have done MDB on backs before, it made a difference definitely, lots of people can't get to there backs properly.
I just did a cleanse with gel and warm mitts, MDB, then finished with a light moisturiser.
I did this course of treatments a few months before the summer so the lady was wearing clothes all the time.
Good point about the SPF being needed if they are going to be out in the sun.
I don't see why you can't add a mask after, I probably wouldn't massage after the MDB though. I guess that could be done before the cleansing ? X

Latest posts

Back