Microring hair extensions with a weft?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmaz

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

Just looking for some advice, wanting to get hair extensions but on a serious student budget and a hairdressers i go to can do micro ring hair extensions for about 200 quid, which includes the hair which is expensive and obviously fitting it.

Is it normal to use a weft instead of individual hair pieces? Cause when i looked on the internet iv not really seen micro rings done with hair wefts.

Also anyone think its NOT a good idea getting these? I really dont know much about them, but really want hair extensions! I have EXTREMELY thin hair so would like some thickness and length!

Thanks!

1st of all £200 is very expencive for micro weft...
2nd of all if your hair is thin wefts can be heavy
3rdly if your hairs thin then you may see the wefts....

Take into account hair extensions and "glues" have come along way and I have never had glue "damage" a client... only clients can damage them by picking, pulling etc

For thin hair i generally advise small rice grain keratin bonds because there virtually undetetable and look much better.

I would look up gumtree and reviews on other extentionists see which is ur best one in your area... Its a minefield out there! Don't go too cheap if anything spend the extra £50-£100 on someone good... shop around... find someone whos willing to spend the time chatting.. has a few types of hair to choose from.. someone who is generally interested!

My questions normally consist of:
What colours ur hair?
How long is your natural hair?
Thickness?
Condition?
Have u an idea of what type you would like?

The rest is for me to find out at consultation.. generally no figures are told but I give a ruff estimate if I'm asked... Try to avoid set prices becuase no 2 people are the same.. I like to call it talior making =D

Hope this helps x

Agreeing with a lot of what Rococo says , individuals whether bonded or microlinks would be much more suitable for fine hair and you would most likely just need a half head.
Although £200 sounds alot the Balmain Double Hair is an excellent technique which is smaller wefts ( each one the equivlent of 18 extensions) that are attached with either five bonds or micro links. You will probably find this technique at minimum of £250 as Hair quality extremely high and can last for up to a year with the correct aftercare.
Also if the weft hair is of Bohyme Remi or Highest quality then £200 is not necessarily too much.
If you go for a half head to start and see how you get on then that should keep your costs down.
Make sure the technition is fully qualified as a hairdresser as well as in extensions preferably with a branded and well know hair company. So many out there are using bad quality hair. x

Thankyou for the replies :Grope:

I think the reason for the price was the hair cost about 100, then obviously fitting it and cutting it etc.

I really dont know much about hair extensions, and where i live she is the only person who does them micro ring and at that price as far as im aware and my budget really is around 200.

Do you think i should have a proper consultation with her? and if i did have problems like the rings showing wouldnt she know that first and let me know?

Thanks

of course , have your consultation and you ll be going in with advice and some knowledge. You cd always have a little list of questions. Consultations should be no obligation so see how you feel and if happy then go for it. Have u had a look about to see if there are other technitions using other techniques ? X

Latest posts

Back