Minimum age for leg waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiebellewax

Reaction score
Hi all, was just wondering what age you would consider appropriate to start waxing? Im just talking half legs and maybe underarms here, not bikinis or Facial waxing etc.
I have a couple of clients who bring in their 12 year olds for a half leg wax. Both girls are more than happy to have it done, in fact they mithered their parents for ages before they finally booked in. Patch tests are done, parents are present throughout treatment and both girls say it doesn't hurt them.
Now, obviously I feel comfortable with carrying out this treatment, as girls aged 12 are in high school and would otherwise be shaving or using veet. However, I have had a friend of mine say that she is a bit shocked by it. Another friend, who is Italian says its perfectly normal in Italy to start waxing at a young age, even for bikinis.
Does anyone else wax young clients?

Forgot to mention that these are two separate clients that don't know each other.

At my old salon we had an 11 year old girl in for half leg and under arm wax. She was a dancer and her mum and her had discussed it and decided to avoid shaving all together. Like you say they are at high school and would be using razors etc so I personally wouldn't have an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just as a lateral thinking outside of the morals of this....it is possibly worth checking with your insurers to see if they have any age restrictions for this treatment

HTH

Just as a lateral thinking outside of the morals of this....it is possibly worth checking with your insurers to see if they have any age restrictions for this treatment

HTH

Hi, I had already checked and its fine, so long as parent or guardian is in the room.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I had already checked and its fine, so long as parent or guardian is in the room.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

that's great )))

I think it's great actually I have some young clients who get their lip and arms and legs done and we do the middle of 2 girls eyebrows (no shape at all just making them look like 2 brows not 1) all parents bring them in and the girls are fine having it done and the main reason is that they were getting teased at school. I think if you can avoid your child getting teased for a hairy lip or mono brow then why not do what you can as a parent.

My fondest memory is of one client has a daughter who is now 20yrs old and she came to me when she was 12. (Waxing)One of my first clients since I opened.
She become such a stunning beautiful woman and she is so loyal as a client.
She even become a guess model if you look at airports her pictures all over place.
I am super proud I feel like half her mom aswell.

So you never know which little 12 year old you might get!

Beauty at your finger tips!

If a child is old enough to know why she/he is getting stung and with parental permission as well as a consultation to rule out contraindications. My insurance covers me for 12 and up. Every insurance is different and you have to check with yours. Most of my younger clients are athletes and they would end up shaving eeekk.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back