Minimum Gelish polish required?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy22

Reaction score
hi I'm thinking of doing a gel polish course but what is the minimum number of gel polish I should have? As at £xxx a bottle it is quite pricey are there certain colours tha you would advise me to keep and do you order your Gelish from beauty express or can you get it cheaper from a different supplier

Thanks in advance xxx

[no trade prices please]

Last edited by a moderator:
The authorised distributor of Gelish is Nail Harmony.

Yes, the colours are pricey but they're also a necessity to your business - I'd say you need:
- colours for French manicure
- a red
- a black
- a couple of pinks, pale and bright
- a nude
- a couple of browns
- whatever season you're buying in I'd buy to match, eg Autumnal colours.

The way I started out was asking what colour the client was thinking to have BEFORE their appointment and then buying it in for them - this quickly gave me a good selection.

hi I'm thinking of doing a gel polish course but what is the minimum number of gel polish I should have? As at £xxx a bottle it is quite pricey are there certain colours tha you would advise me to keep and do you order your Gelish from beauty express or can you get it cheaper from a different supplier

Thanks in advance xxx
I agree with Emily s, my most popular colours are hot rod red, good gossip, pink smoothie, rodeo to rodeo drive, make you blink pink you glare I glow, plum tuckered out. Also remember your french colours sheek white and little princess. You just missed a good deal in Sally 4 gelish for £60 vat free, keep an eye for these next time around x
[no trade prices please]

The authorised distributor of Gelish is Nail Harmony.

Yes, the colours are pricey but they're also a necessity to your business - I'd say you need:
- colours for French manicure
- a red
- a black
- a couple of pinks, pale and bright
- a nude
- a couple of browns
- whatever season you're buying in I'd buy to match, eg Autumnal colours.

The way I started out was asking what colour the client was thinking to have BEFORE their appointment and then buying it in for them - this quickly gave me a good selection.

Thank you for the info Hun are the gel polish any cheaper from nail harmony and do I have to have trained with gellish before buying them or can I train in any gel course xxx

They have 'vat free' on this weekend.
Also they are a little more pricy than other gel polishes but the bottles are bigger so you get more sets per bottle than some other brands.
You just need a manicure cert I think x

Thank you for the info Hun are the gel polish any cheaper from nail harmony and do I have to have trained with gellish before buying them or can I train in any gel course xxx
I'm not sure on the prices but if you're wanting to use Gelish as your brand that's the price you'll have to pay - anything cheaper ie, eBay you run the risk of them being fakes.

Sally's do stock genuine Gelish and do VAT free days so they may offer at the best rates.

Thanks everyone! Xx

Latest posts

Back