Minx pricing-do you charge more for toes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have been doing some research prior to my Minx training next week . .. . so excited about it, I can tell you!!

I'm finding that a lot of people charge more for Minx on toes than on fingers. Why would this be? (Maybe when I start Minxing I will find out lol :lol:)

Most fingernails I see are larger than toes and would therefore use more product? They are also more likely, in my experience, to be curvy, so require a bit more faffing to get the Minx looking good and so may take more time? The only advantage I can see at the moment of doing fingers is that you don't have to crawl around on the floor.

Toes are flatter, smaller and require less product. Why, then, charge more?

A thought has just occurred whilst typing. . . is it because they last longer?

(Talking of which, I've read that a Shellac layer helps Minx last longer - how much longer are we talking?)

thanks in advance for the replies xx

I don't know why as I charge the same for fingers as toes. It could be because they last longer, but I just think about treatment time and cost per service. I offer an overlay on fingers for and extra five pounds and when I trialled it, it lasted for two weeks.

I personally find minx more of a faff on toes. Also in some cases i find i need to do a longer pep on toes as feet are often neglected more than fingers. That said thats not why i charge more, i just went with the fact people charged more lmao!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

For me it's the longer pep but I don't tend to do many fingers at all now as they don't wear we'll on fingers IMO.xx

I charge extra for fingers as I do a shellac top coat over the top, last so much longer than without top coat. For toes it is minx straight plus PEP, no top coat, lasts 4-8 weeks depending on what shoes client wears. Love Minx!

The reasons they could cost more:

Minx lasts aprox 3 times longer on toes than on fingers (6 weeks toes, 2 weeks fingers).
There is often a lot more prep to do on toes.
People want 'danger' money for dealing with feet.

I thought you couldn't apply Shellac top coat to a shiny surface ? x

You can apply just the topcoat to Minx. This has been verified by S2 with regards to Shellac and Brisa Lite topcoats. I have been thinking about this and I don't understand why we can apply the topcoats on top of glitter, Additives and Minx, but not any other coating. All I know is that it works. :)

Thanks for the replies! Danger money lmao :lol:

I found your overlay idea interesting Nicole - great for bendier fingers! As I charge £20 for a natural nail overlay in gel, though, I don't know how I would justify just charging an extra £5 when it included Minx as well. Do you do a full overlay? This isn't meant as any sort or criticism .... I really like the idea, just trying to juggle prices in my head!

Latest posts

Back