MINX treatment times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaynorE

Reaction score
i'm about to start my own business renting a nail table in a salon and i need to know how long i should be taking for minx manicures and minx pedicures?

my first and only proper minx mani took an hour on a mate at home being as throrough but as quick as poss.
first and only minx pedi i didnt time but must have been between 1.5 n 2hrs again a mate at home but this time in no rush, just makin sure its applied correctly

this is for dry cuticle work, remove shine, shape nail, scrubfresh. apply minx and finish with solar oil.

also, should i be applying solar oil and should i encourage clients to use it with minx.

geeg sent me her copies of aftercare for shellac and minx and no solar oil was mentioned on the minx one.

thanks all

i'm about to start my own business renting a nail table in a salon and i need to know how long i should be taking for minx manicures and minx pedicures?

my first and only proper minx mani took an hour on a mate at home being as throrough but as quick as poss.
first and only minx pedi i didnt time but must have been between 1.5 n 2hrs again a mate at home but this time in no rush, just makin sure its applied correctly

this is for dry cuticle work, remove shine, shape nail, scrubfresh. apply minx and finish with solar oil.

also, should i be applying solar oil and should i encourage clients to use it with minx.

geeg sent me her copies of aftercare for shellac and minx and no solar oil was mentioned on the minx one.

thanks all

Your times sound about right for a new beginner, you'll speed up with more practice.
I'd advise against the solar oil as this could affect adhesion to the nail plate, if geeg hasn't mentioned it then I would leave it out. I don't use it for minx x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

hi! I don't think you need to remove the shine? I was never taught to do that on my CND course and I don't do it, and I don't have problems.

You'll soon speed up - toes take me 30 - 45 mins depending on how much snipping of the minx I need to do, and fingers 30 mins max.

hi! I don't think you need to remove the shine? I was never taught to do that on my CND course and I don't do it, and I don't have problems.

You'll soon speed up - toes take me 30 - 45 mins depending on how much snipping of the minx I need to do, and fingers 30 mins max.

i dont know where i got the ides of removing the shine?
just read through geegs tutorial again and watched the training vid and non of them mention removing the shine, they just say perform a manicure.

can anyone confirm please?

thanks for your answers about the timings
think ill start off aiming for 45mins for manicure n 1hr for toes
xx

I do a wet prep and dont shape the nails until the end when I use clippers to cut the nail and the minx at the same time, I dont use any solar oil either. I consistantly take no longer the 45mins for the whole service.

I've been lead to believe that after minx application that solar oil should be used????

It takes me anywhere between 30 and 45 mins to do a minx toes . I use a little solar oil after (mind u I am addicted to solar oil) you will get quicker the more you do it the first time I did it I took just over an hour

Latest posts

Back