Minx, Trendy Wraps, 3D bling wraps, price help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hi geek just wanted to ask a question about minx trendy wraps and 3d nail wraps. How much should I charge to do them and should I charge different prices for different makes or stick to one price.

x

you're probably the only one that can answer this question - how much do you pay for them, how many do you normally get out of one pack etc??

I would say you would have to charge different prices for different makes as Minx are more expensive than Trendy etc. but i'm not sure on this one as I only do Minx.

It's funny as people charge all different in my area - someone is advertising for £3 less than me, but someone else is advertising them for £7 more than me - quite a big difference really but based on that and considering that depending on the pattern I could potentially get 4 sets out of 1 pack of Minx I think mine sounds just right for my area considering i'm mobile.

Also depends on your overheads i.e. mobile or salon based.

Not much of an answer but you really just have to sit down and work it out x

you're probably the only one that can answer this question - how much do you pay for them, how many do you normally get out of one pack etc??

I would say you would have to charge different prices for different makes as Minx are more expensive than Trendy etc. but i'm not sure on this one as I only do Minx.

It's funny as people charge all different in my area - someone is advertising for £3 less than me, but someone else is advertising them for £7 more than me - quite a big difference really but based on that and considering that depending on the pattern I could potentially get 4 sets out of 1 pack of Minx I think mine sounds just right for my area considering i'm mobile.

Also depends on your overheads i.e. mobile or salon based.

Not much of an answer but you really just have to sit down and work it out x

Hi thanks for your reply :) I have been looking around at other people around my area but no else does the 3d nail wraps wich is ace but does not really help me to put a price list together lol. But I did a set last night and charged £20. Minx are £23 where I live so thought this was an ok price.

Thanks for your help hunni :) x

You are the first person on here I've seen talking about 3d nail wraps aren't they amazing!? I charge £18 for mine but like you nobody around here offers them so I had to just make it up lol. However people have said i should be charging more.

Hiya hun so glad someone else does them on here :) its really hard to decide what to charge with them isn't it. I thought £20 and then i have leeway on special promotions. I was not going to offer wraps at first but then i did these ones on my self and put it on Facebook an everyone went crazy for them. Iv already got two bookings for them for next week And another 3 are interested. Xxx

Sorry to jump in, but where do you get 3d nail wraps? I have seen the dashing diva design fx ones, but I thought they were just for fingers? I would be interested in 3d wraps for toes x

Sorry to jump in, but where do you get 3d nail wraps? I have seen the dashing diva design fx ones, but I thought they were just for fingers? I would be interested in 3d wraps for toes x

Hi i have put a link on where you buy them from :)

Nail Extensions | Nail Supplies | Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd

and heres a picture of mine

423668_169128876557987_1846913847_n.jpg

how long to they last for?

Your ones are gorgeous Ive not seen those ones yet, nice accesorize flip flops too(Iam not a weirdo I work there lol). People went crazy on facebook for mine too. Heres a picture of some I done on my hands, these only lasted about 2 weeks but Iam pretty clumsy with my nails.

Attachments

• IMAG0429.jpg
    IMAG0429.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 281
Well last time I had them on my toes they lasted for weeks not sure about hands though x

If you pop shellac or gelish top coat on top they will easily last 2+ weeks. I bought these from my local sallys, applied to ring finger then added top coat and they will still perfect when I removed them 2 weeks later with my shellac

xxx

Hey, I do my textured wraps for £17 fingers or Toes, which I think is pretty cheap, but it takes me 25 minutes and costs me like £2 per app lol.
On the hands I do a gel polish base and top. On my own hands they lasted about 2 weeks before annoying me, I have a client coming back today after a week to get them changed so we'll see what hers are like!

Here's a couple of mine :D
: the animal print ones are after about a week and a half.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347259691.734448.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347259691.734448.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 576
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347259721.451249.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347259721.451249.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 357
These are lovely. I follwed the link but couldnt find the.

Is there any other suppliers offering them?

Hey, I do my textured wraps for £17 fingers or Toes, which I think is pretty cheap, but it takes me 25 minutes and costs me like £2 per app lol.
On the hands I do a gel polish base and top. On my own hands they lasted about 2 weeks before annoying me, I have a client coming back today after a week to get them changed so we'll see what hers are like!

These look fab ... How do u apply if no heat required do u just cut round nail to the shape needed ? Are these better than minx ? And do u need to go on a course to learn how to apply these ?
Thanks x

These look fab ... How do u apply if no heat required do u just cut round nail to the shape needed ? Are these better than minx ? And do u need to go on a course to learn how to apply these ?
Thanks x

May I say that although they look very nice they do not look as thin as Minx and thin = better.

As they grow out the thicker wraps just do not look quite so good as the thinner Minx.

Or other thinner wraps that I may be unaware of :wink2:

Your ones are gorgeous Ive not seen those ones yet, nice accesorize flip flops too(Iam not a weirdo I work there lol). People went crazy on facebook for mine too. Heres a picture of some I done on my hands, these only lasted about 2 weeks but Iam pretty clumsy with my nails.

Thanks hun :) yours are amazing are they with gel polish underneath?
Iv have taken my hand nails off now as they were annoying me but I didnt put any over coat on them i was just messing about. How do you put yours on do you put nail prep then bonding gel then the wraps and then top coat?

xxx

If you pop shellac or gelish top coat on top they will easily last 2+ weeks. I bought these from my local sallys, applied to ring finger then added top coat and they will still perfect when I removed them 2 weeks later with my shellac

xxx

Do you use a bonding gel or primer first? xx

yours are stunning ,where are they from? wow £17 is cheap, Iv put mine at £20 as I can have leeway on promotions. Let me know hoe your clients gets on with them. I have only just added them to my price list and have only done a couple of people with them, so fingers crossed they stay on ok

xxx

May I say that although they look very nice they do not look as thin as Minx and thin = better.

As they grow out the thicker wraps just do not look quite so good as the thinner Minx.

Or other thinner wraps that I may be unaware of :wink2:

Hi hunni I havent used minx but I have had trendy wraps and 3d wraps on my self. I havent had any problems with either of them and they have lasted for weeks. I do explain to clients they might not last as long as the minx or trendy wraps but thats why I do them slighty cheaper then the foil wraps. But as on my self I had the 3d ones on for week plus went on holiday and was in the pool every day as im a big kid lol :D

xxxx

Latest posts

Back