Miscarried but baby is OK! I'm in shock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi all I'm so scared and confused right now and would like some advice from people who have maybe experienced this kind of thing..... I don't want anyone knowing so was hoping my geeks would step in and support!

On Thursday I arrived at work and as I pulled up my car I started experiencing stabbing pains & then bleeding & clotted extremely heavily!!
I was taken straight to hospital and when they seen me I was rushed through and basically told to expect the worst. My partner went to get me some clothes and I went in for a scan where they told me I was 7 weeks and baby was fine!
I'm in shock they said it could have been twins but they can't say for sure! As this is My 3rd (kinda) Miscarriage the last one only being February, I'm terrified I'm losing the other baby the fact they can't actually tell me what happened scares me the most....... any pain or twinge I'm petrified!

The midwives were in shock and were sure I miscarried (scan got checked by 4 people) they just said these things happen and that our body's are very complex!

Xx

Last edited:
My goodness, what a shock for you! I don't have any words of advice but lean on your partner and enjoy being pregnant. Try and relax as much as possible as I'm sure stress is not good for you. Lots of geek love x

This happened to a freind of mine, she knew she was pg & was sure she was losing the baby, the scan showed twins!.

Hopefully they will monitor you very closely with this pregnancy.

This happened to me when i was about 3 month pregnant. Went to hospital and had scan, they told me baby was fine and couldn't understand why i was bleeding and couldn't see where it was coming from. My daughter is now 20 month old, wrecking my house and my sanity lol. I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry xx

Ah bless you - it's a tumultuous enough time without a scare like that!

Hope things go well from here on in xx

No specific advice from me other than to give yourself lots of TLC. x

Sorry this is happening again!

Look after yourself. Don't let work and Clients stress you like back in Feb. Take time off if you need too xxxxx

You poor thing. Hope you and baby are ok. I would give yourself strict bed rest, can you ask if you need a stitch put in to help you if this has happened before?

Hey guys thanks for your support!

We just can't be happy yet, it don't feel real! I have promised my partner I'll rest and look after myself more, I won't let clients upset me or get under my skin! X

You poor thing. Hope you and baby are ok. I would give yourself strict bed rest, can you ask if you need a stitch put in to help you if this has happened before?

Where does the stitch go, I didn't even know this was an option.....does this help? X

This happened to me when i was about 3 month pregnant. Went to hospital and had scan, they told me baby was fine and couldn't understand why i was bleeding and couldn't see where it was coming from. My daughter is now 20 month old, wrecking my house and my sanity lol. I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry xx

Haha glad to hear it...i hope she gets spoilt rotten!
It's crazy isn't it! Did you get any "it could be's? "
They just couldn't give me definite answers ..... which makes the control freak in me Mad and a hatter x

Haha glad to hear it...i hope she gets spoilt rotten!
It's crazy isn't it! Did you get any "it could be's? "
They just couldn't give me definite answers ..... which makes the control freak in me Mad and a hatter x
She is spoilt, she follows me everywhere, i think the cord is still attached haha.
They didn't give me any "it could be's" as they literally didn't have a clue what was going on. And i was only standing in my kitchen when it first started, so it wasn't like i done anything. The body is a strange thing at times, but i'm sure you'll have a beautiful, healthy little baby.xx

Ah what a shock. Maybe he/she just wanted to make an entrance! Treat yourselves kindly and Good luck for the coming months xx [emoji173]️

Where does the stitch go, I didn't even know this was an option.....does this help? X
I'm not completely sure but I know of people that have had multiple miscarriages talk of having a stitch for their next pregnancy to protect the cervix I think if it is a bit weak. Is it something you can ask your gp?
I do think with our job, the constant standing isn't good, so use a cutting stool wherever possible and generally slow down as much as you can till you are out the danger period.

I'm not completely sure but I know of people that have had multiple miscarriages talk of having a stitch for their next pregnancy to protect the cervix I think if it is a bit weak. Is it something you can ask your gp?
I do think with our job, the constant standing isn't good, so use a cutting stool wherever possible and generally slow down as much as you can till you are out the danger period.

Thank you I'll deffo look into this ...your right I'm taking an extra day off and going to be going on holiday soon too so fingers crossed x

Hey, so glad everything is ok for you, but please rest!

When I was 10weeks pregnant with my second, I also bled, went to hospital and they done a scan and said they was sorry but the baby died at 8 and a half weeks, no heartbeat. They done a normal scan and an internal scan.
They said for me to go home and let 'nature run its course' and to take paracetamol for the pain.
I got dressed (though being violently sick) then as I emerged from the changing room, I said to the dr, I'm sorry, I just don't understand how I can still be so sick yet the baby has gone. She said that the hormones can carry on for 6weeks after a miscarriage/birth. But she could see that I was a mess, I told her that something didn't feel right to me and I just can't accept that the baby had gone.
She said for me to get undressed again and she would show me the measurements of how the foetus should be at be gestation and what they are......and so she did another internal scan. She prodded quite a bit and I was getting sore, then just as she was about to stop, she found my boy's heartbeat. She was so shocked as was I and my mum who was also there. So shocked and no explanation.

I carried on with a healthy pregnancy from then onwards, they changed my due date to a week and a half later than it was, and gave birth 5days before my due date to a 9lb 4oz baby boy.
When he was nearly 4years old, I was doing nails on a client when she got the chills and went all cold on me. She told me that she was getting some really really strong feelings that I was being 'looked after and watched' she freaked me out massively and went on to tell me that my 'grandad was by my side with a beautiful little girl that didn't make it onto the earth plane, around 3/4years old' that he held her hand and they had a great bond.
She asked me if I has miscarried at any point or had a termination, I said no. Then my sister said to me, what if I was pregnant with twins and it was the other baby that had gone?

I've never really believed much in spiritual kind of things, so my logic is that, they shouldn't have changed my due date, if they hadn't of, the big baby explains me being 'overdue' and that maybe me getting dressed and then undressed again, helped move things around?.

But who knows, all I know, is I'm glad I took it easy, and I'm greatful and humble for the gorgeous now 6year old that I do have. Life is ever so precious, enjoy your pregnancy xx

Hey, so glad everything is ok for you, but please rest!

When I was 10weeks pregnant with my second, I also bled, went to hospital and they done a scan and said they was sorry but the baby died at 8 and a half weeks, no heartbeat. They done a normal scan and an internal scan.
They said for me to go home and let 'nature run its course' and to take paracetamol for the pain.
I got dressed (though being violently sick) then as I emerged from the changing room, I said to the dr, I'm sorry, I just don't understand how I can still be so sick yet the baby has gone. She said that the hormones can carry on for 6weeks after a miscarriage/birth. But she could see that I was a mess, I told her that something didn't feel right to me and I just can't accept that the baby had gone.
She said for me to get undressed again and she would show me the measurements of how the foetus should be at be gestation and what they are......and so she did another internal scan. She prodded quite a bit and I was getting sore, then just as she was about to stop, she found my boy's heartbeat. She was so shocked as was I and my mum who was also there. So shocked and no explanation.

I carried on with a healthy pregnancy from then onwards, they changed my due date to a week and a half later than it was, and gave birth 5days before my due date to a 9lb 4oz baby boy.
When he was nearly 4years old, I was doing nails on a client when she got the chills and went all cold on me. She told me that she was getting some really really strong feelings that I was being 'looked after and watched' she freaked me out massively and went on to tell me that my 'grandad was by my side with a beautiful little girl that didn't make it onto the earth plane, around 3/4years old' that he held her hand and they had a great bond.
She asked me if I has miscarried at any point or had a termination, I said no. Then my sister said to me, what if I was pregnant with twins and it was the other baby that had gone?

I've never really believed much in spiritual kind of things, so my logic is that, they shouldn't have changed my due date, if they hadn't of, the big baby explains me being 'overdue' and that maybe me getting dressed and then undressed again, helped move things around?.

But who knows, all I know, is I'm glad I took it easy, and I'm greatful and humble for the gorgeous now 6year old that I do have. Life is ever so precious, enjoy your pregnancy xx

You just made me cry! But also I feel glad there's hope Thank You

I'm struggling not to let my anxiety get the better of me, how did you do it ?
xxx

Latest posts

Back