Mixing serum/oil hybrids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldenears

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just purchased Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil and Kérastase Elixir Ultime. I've used Elixir Ultime before and really liked it but I probably used too much then, because my hair was very greasy the next day. I was wondering, will it be okay to mix a small amount of both oils before applying them to wet hair? I just assumed it would be okay. A hair stylists opinion or someone who has experience of mixing the same or similar products would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with these products, but if they're both oils then mixing them would more then likely cause you to use too much and make the hair greasy

Mix the 2 oils in your hand before applying. If it stays like normal oil yes you can, if it turns chunky or has weird viscosity no. I usually use these products on dry blown-out-smooth hair as a finishing product not so much a damp application product. Try a tiny amount in your hair wet & re-apply a little more when dry.

Latest posts

Back