Mobile and pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeyfaerie

Reaction score
So, I'm wondering how other mobile hairdressers have juggled being pregnant and still working. Obviously we don't have anywhere we can take a quiet 5 minutes while a colour is developing and client's chairs don't adjust etc. Bags are heavy to lift, even if I had a trolley there are plenty of people who live up 3 flights of stairs with no lift.

This is my first so I have really no idea what to expect and I don't want to do anything that might cause harm...chemical fumes?

Hey congratulations! I'm 34 weeks pregnant now and did mobile beauty. This is my first too. I took maternity leave as soon as i could and stopped working at 30 weeks! Carrying all my products, the long hours and travelling without proper rests really done me in I was constantly knackered!
I cut my hours and only did 1-2 days per week I was worried about chemicals and fumes from nail products and spray tanning I didn't want to take the risk exposing myself as much! Just make sure you take extra precautions wear gloves etc to limit exposure and make sure you go to toilet wherever there is one even if you don't think you need lol and always carry water in your car as well as some snacks for inbetween appointments. Also make sure you're scheduling time to rest during the day so that you get a proper break to eat lunch I know I was really bad for not doing this before but make sure you do get a good meal down you it will keep you going! :)

Last edited:
Hey congratulations! I'm 34 weeks pregnant now and did mobile beauty. This is my first too. I took maternity leave as soon as i could and stopped working at 30 weeks! Carrying all my products, the long hours and travelling without proper rests really done me in I was constantly knackered!
I cut my hours and only did 1-2 days per week I was worried about chemicals and fumes from nail products and spray tanning I didn't want to take the risk exposing myself as much! Just make sure you take extra precautions wear gloves etc to limit exposure and make sure you go to toilet wherever there is one even if you don't think you need lol and always carry water in your car as well as some snacks for inbetween appointments. Also make sure you're scheduling time to rest during the day so that you get a proper break to eat lunch I know I was really bad for not doing this before but make sure you do get a good meal down you it will keep you going! :)

Thanks for that :) I'm going to try and schedule appointments so I'm not back-to-back and either start later or finish earlier. Eating properly is definitely something I need to concentrate on!

Latest posts

Back