Mobile Beauty Business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowtanning

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I currently run a mobile spray tanning business and am about to start adding additional treatments to my service. I want to ensure that I don't waste money but that I get everything I need and look professional. Does anyone have any tips about what's worthwhile and what's not? I'm going to add manicure, pedicure, tinting and fake eyelashes from the beginning of next month and then add more at a later date.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lorraine

I'm afraid my tips or advice will not be a list of this or that top selling treatments to offer as I think it varies from area to area. I would be more inclined to find out from your current customers what they might be wanting or might fancy having to get a general feel. But I would be a bit concerned to ask clients in passing so they do not feel under pressure when the services become available.

You say you already have a few new services becoming available shortly and that sounds good. And maybe that is enough for the moment to see how clients book them.

I am mobile and offer a raft of beauty therapy services and spray tanning and can see that if I did more in the way of spray tanning that despite my costly ingredients that would be the quickest and easiest way to earn and I would like to do more of it! I sit working my butt off doing a good job on nails and yet charging a ridiculously lower hourly rate because I am so finicky. However, I know I really enjoy doing the range of services I offer and maybe this is the angle you need to look at - what really appeals to you?

:hug:

Unless I have completely mis-read your message and you are asking about equipment??? Doh! I am out now for the day....

I am about to launch my mobile business and I have written out all my treatment procedures and by the side the products and equipment that I need for each one, yes its time consuming but its worth it as you will know exactly what you do and don't need. x

I'm afraid my tips or advice will not be a list of this or that top selling treatments to offer as I think it varies from area to area. I would be more inclined to find out from your current customers what they might be wanting or might fancy having to get a general feel. But I would be a bit concerned to ask clients in passing so they do not feel under pressure when the services become available.

You say you already have a few new services becoming available shortly and that sounds good. And maybe that is enough for the moment to see how clients book them.

I am mobile and offer a raft of beauty therapy services and spray tanning and can see that if I did more in the way of spray tanning that despite my costly ingredients that would be the quickest and easiest way to earn and I would like to do more of it! I sit working my butt off doing a good job on nails and yet charging a ridiculously lower hourly rate because I am so finicky. However, I know I really enjoy doing the range of services I offer and maybe this is the angle you need to look at - what really appeals to you?

:hug:

Hi, thanks for the reply but yes I did mean equipment! It's very confusing to work out what you need! I did a pedicure earlier in the week and I felt a bit lost having to get everything laid out as you need it etc, it took up quite a bit of time! I just want to feel more organised and would like some tips on what might make life a little easier.

I am about to launch my mobile business and I have written out all my treatment procedures and by the side the products and equipment that I need for each one, yes its time consuming but its worth it as you will know exactly what you do and don't need. x
Thanks, I have tried that but I can't make up my mind what exactly I need!! I want to make sure that I get things that will make working mobily easier and they have such a selection of things and I just don't know!! :confused:

You just have to make loads of list as it has been said before...! Then when you've made the list do a bit of research to what you like, what you can afford sadly it takes time, but you can do it all while watching telly in the evening and you'll begin to think of new ideas and products!... e.g pedicure; Consumables- Sallys/Beauty express-price
Polish- OPI-Lena White-prices or CND-Prices
I've began setting up and I've made a list of what I'd like to offer and as clients have been booking in I've been fetching the equipment a week or so before for things I havn't already got that way I'm not going mad spending money on things which I'm not going to use for a while. It's spreads the cost out a bit aswell instead of spending thousands to begin with I've spent £50 each time I visit the wholesalers then made it back a few days later!
It worked for me anyway
HTH
x

Thanks, that's kind of what I've been doing too and scouring ebay! Have made a few decisions about what services I'm going to offer and have signed up for Bio Sculpture training so will be sticking with eyes, nails and tans with the possibility of waxing too! Feel pretty good :wink2:

Latest posts

Back