Mobile card machines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lfox

Reaction score
I have a small room/salon... good client base who most I know very well. Unfortunately I can only accept cash as I have no signal wifi... I only work part time in an old converted stable that's joined on to my parents pub. My prices are very reasonable so I'm quite busy.
I don't want to have another overhead by installing wifi... my wholesale bill is enough. I'm not a big town salon I'm just a part timer who works to live not the other way round.
I'm getting increasingly pissed off with some of my customers... a lot have started paying my by bank transfer which is fine, but they say "il do it when I get home" some do straight away, but I have repeat offenders who forget and even when I remind them it's not done straight away. Really beginning to drive me nuts!! I find it so rude and hate having to ask for my money.
Anyway Iv been looking a card machines I want one that's a 1 off payment no monthly renting costs. How do I work this?? Do I add card payment on top of there bill? Or put prices up and reflect card payment in price increase... I'm having a price increase anyway regardless of this.
I know pay pal do 1 but iv heard it take 5 working days to transfer money from PayPal to bank.
Has anyone got a card machine like this?

SquareUp is probably one of the better machines but you need wifi/internet whether that be through a router or your phone connection.
Unfortunately, a card machine is a must nowadays no matter how small the business. I don't remember the last time I got cash out. Even the fishing lakes I go to now have card machines!

It's illegal to charge clients card fees so your only option is to increase your costs but the fee is so minimal and people tend to spend more on a card.

I use square. Love it. And I’ve set up a few fellow self employed clients with it as well. You buy the pos and that’s it. No monthly fee, but there is a 1.75% fee on all transactions. You get the funds the next working day. Works off 3G if you don’t have WiFi (I use it when I’m at events and away from my salon)

Latest posts

Back