Mobile nail/lashes equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkdiamonds66

Reaction score
Hi guys new here,

I’ve just started up my own mobile nail tech business, I’m doing an eyelash course in the next 2 weeks so was wondering what was best equipment wise to take with me. I was looking at this but wanted opinions first before I brought it.

Or do I need a beauty couch, if so do I need a seat for myself?

Emma

Interested in this myself :)

If you are hoping to do individual lashes you will be sat doing each set for a good couple of hours + to start with. Your client will need to be comfortable and still for this length of time and you will also need to be comfortable so as not to injure your back and so you can access the lashes properly.
I only do lash lifts, which don't take as long and would only do those on a couch. My daughter does individual lashes in our beauty room and says she would only do them on a couch or reclining chair. You would also need a height adjustable stool and a decent lamp.
One of the reasons I don't do mobile treatments is because I don't want to be lugging a heavy couch and other equipment from house to house so it's a good idea to take all these factors into consideration before you start. Looking after your back is vital!

With regard to the mobile manicure station, I looked into getting one like that some years back as I thought it would be a really good idea but was put off by some negative reviews about its stability which was a shame. I can't remember where I read the reviews though as it was a long time ago, so I'm sorry that's not much help! But I have a feeling it was the detachable tray that made it topple over? I have made plenty of mistakes myself in the past of buying equipment that doesn't really work for me, so I think you are very sensible asking advice before you invest. Hopefully you'all get some replies from mobile therapists who can make recommendations for you. :)

Hi, I’m a mobile therapist and I would recommend a lightweight massage couch, well as lightweight as they get! [emoji23]
Definitely your own stool, esp when doing lashes your posture for a long period of time is vital for your own well being. As someone who does get lower back problems, having your own equipment ensures you can give the best treatment possible. Don’t let them persuade you to keep your couch in the car, and they will lie on sofa!
When the client makes the booking, let them know you need a room with space to put up your couch, and decent lighting too, otherwise you will also need to bring a lamp. Hope this helps. [emoji106]

Thank you so much

I have a portable manicure table and a little folding stool that fits in the bag alongside it, it's slightly cumbersome to cart around but it's stable and has enough space to lay out everything you need to do the treatment so you're not constantly having to reach into a case for things. The little stool/table combo you pictured is incredibly unstable, I was provided with one for a college related task and every time I lifted my weight off it, it wanted to tip over :/

Latest posts

Back