Mobile nail tech question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmread988

nail ninja
Reaction score
I'm new to this site /forum but thought it will be the best place to find the advice I need!
I've been working in a salon for 10+ years and after recently having a baby and going part time, I've decided to brave it and go alone. My reasons are because the salon isn't local to my home which wasn't a problem when I was there all day but only working a few hours a day self employed too is starting to get me down. I feel the owner is starting to let it go down hill lately and it's getting increasingly quiet and morale is low! I've had a big change in my personal life so thought why not break free and change my work life too!

My question is how do you mobile techs book your appointments? Generally I book clients back to back every hour but being as I have to drive to the next how do you book them? Are clients generally home at the time and ready to sit straight down and get on with it Haha??
I have a mobile table, do u take just a chair for your self and they just sit on one of there own?
Does anyone have any tips for me or advice ?
Hope these dont sound like silly questions, just want to get it right and hopefilly really promote myself to build up a little. I'm nervous and excited as I'm ready for this change! Being self employed for many years means I'm pretty much ready to just get out there.
Thank you in advance

I worked mobile and no longer do as I got fed up of the time wasted on the road but.... If you need to do it then good luck.

Regarding how to book your diary, I was pretty good at guesstimating how long it would take to travel to and from houses.

If you are struggling with knowing then I know on my phone sat nav it tells you how long journeys take and it varies depending on the time of day so may be worth looking at that for appointments in advance...

As for clients being ready, I did state whilst booking that they'd need to be ready and was pretty firm about this, I'm not a dawdler and I hate it when people do so I'd literally crack on and get my table set up then say 'readyyy' :D

I took my own mini table and a chair, they sat at the sofa near a plug (take an extension lead).

Good luck, hope all goes well x

Thankyou Emily s! I am definitely not a dawdleer Either and do like to get on with it ! Haha!
And I hadn't thought of extension lead so that's going on my need to get list! Xx

I've been a self-employed mobile tech & beauty therapist for over 16 years, after years of working for other people in a few different environments, I've never looked back! It fits around my family life, but I still work hard!! Some people moan about the driving around but I live in a beautiful part of the world & enjoy it! Like anything if the passion is there & your prepared to work hard you can make it a success!! Good luck! X

Thank you fluffy26 x

Another silly question. .. what do you keep your gel polish in? Just a box ? X

I have Roo cubes that match my Bella Roo bag. I have a green one for Shellac and a black one for Vinylux. I picked different colours so they were easy to tell apart when grabbing them from my boot in the dark lol!
They work really well, although I have had to take the foam inserts out as i have too many polishes lol.xx

Another silly question. .. what do you keep your gel polish in? Just a box ? X

Check out roobeauty.com. I just purchased their nail technician deal, and going to purchase another storage cube.

Just been and checked out roo cubes! I'm in love! X

I get so many clients commenting on how nice/professional they look! Defo one of my best investments.
Roo also have a official shop on Ebay, i think they work out about £5 cheaper on there than the website xx

Also don't forget to allow for time to setting up and putting away at the end[emoji106] x

Latest posts

Back