Mobile payment options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlea79

Reaction score
Hi im relatively new to all this and was wondering if any if you mobile people offer paypal or card payments. I just take cash at the moment but wondered if any if these where worth doing. TIA

I was in sallya the other week! They suggested a portable card machine they had just got in. Its called payleven? Im not sure of the ins and outs. But she said it would be suited to mobile stylists, connects to your phone think you use you mobile data and its all connected to your bank. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

There's several out there and they're very handy. I have the Worldpay Zinc and it's probably one of my better investments. They all should have roughly the same fee per transaction rates (don't quote me on that as this is based on when I was shopping around for one), and it's handy for me as clients have absolutely no reason not to pay me. :lol:

I've been looking into the PayPal card machine, it's a good way to make sure you do get paid. I haven't got it yet but will have it soon :)

I have the pay pal machine . Works great and very reliable . Perfect if you s small business as no mthly fees

How much is the paypal machine? Do you have to pay monthly for the others?

I use world pay zinc too!
I just inform people that it's 50p to use the machine so it's up to them whether they want to use cash or card xx

I have the PayPal machine and it's fab! Especially as I do extensions so it's high value transactions, I also think it makes you look more professional being able to take cards or cash. Ideally I'd do everything through PayPal as it makes book keeping so much easier x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use a card machine its izettle and works with my iphone no bother at all :)

must say though 2 girls in my work use payleven and have nothing but troubles it never works. I wish they had just got the same as me as I never have a problem :/

I have the PayPal machine and it's fab! Especially as I do extensions so it's high value transactions, I also think it makes you look more professional being able to take cards or cash. Ideally I'd do everything through PayPal as it makes book keeping so much easier x

How do you find the % charge per transaction?

I was looking at it again today ( last I looked was before they had released it so a while ago ! ) ..

£49.95 for the card reader and 2.75% per transaction .. Do you charge your clients or just take it off your side? It's just a bit sad that if you're taking a card payment and not charging them you actually make slightly less ? Especially if it's a payment of £200 that's £5 less than the actual price they would pay in cash xx

How do you find the % charge per transaction?

I was looking at it again today ( last I looked was before they had released it so a while ago ! ) ..

£49.95 for the card reader and 2.75% per transaction .. Do you charge your clients or just take it off your side? It's just a bit sad that if you're taking a card payment and not charging them you actually make slightly less ? Especially if it's a payment of £200 that's £5 less than the actual price they would pay in cash xx

I factor it all into my overall costs so it's just another outgoing like shampoo samples etc. I just make sure my margins are wide enough to allow for all costs and still make an ok profit.

Also works great with my iPhone xx

Hi all some clients still like to pay by cash or cheques but a lot more of my clients now are paying by bank transfer, it's fab for me instant payment and saves me going to the bank with bits of cheques here and there.

Paypal have a deal on at the minute, until 31st oct. Readers r £49,95 usually £70 or £80, received mine yesterday and set up was easy! Looks the part and send receipt via text email or invoice. I'm impressed!Go for it:)

I've been considering the paypal card reader and I've been wondering a few things...

Once you've had 2.75% deducted do they charge you the usual 20p + 5% on each transaction too?

Does it work in areas where there's no mobile 3G coverage? (Most areas round here!)

Do you need to sign into the client's wifi?

I done charge my clients extra for paying by . I do it to offer a professional service plus they spend more as they aren't limited to what cash they have.

I do have to use done clients wifi when I have no signal but no one seems to mind

I've been considering the paypal card reader and I've been wondering a few things...

Once you've had 2.75% deducted do they charge you the usual 20p + 5% on each transaction too?

Does it work in areas where there's no mobile 3G coverage? (Most areas round here!)

Do you need to sign into the client's wifi?

U just get charged the 2.75 and it works over Bluetooth, and or wifi/3g

Great thread, I was thinking I would charge a minimum of £1 or depending on the treatment cost I will calculate the percentage and charge that if more than £1. Do you who have it think this would work? I have asked a lot of my clients and they think it is a brilliant idea, so looks like I will be buying a machine also 😊 now to decide what one!x

U just get charged the 2.75 and it works over Bluetooth, and or wifi/3g

Thankyou. Do you need to download an app to your phone?

There's an app too called sumup

Latest posts

Back