Mobile pedicure process?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahEdge

Reaction score
Hiya I’ve been a mobile nail tech for two years and when I come to do pedicures I tend to bend down to work/paint clients toes on my knees, using knee pads. However my knees are starting to ache.

What does everyone else do? Cross leg?

Cheers

Hiya I’ve been a mobile nail tech for two years and when I come to do pedicures I tend to bend down to work/paint clients toes on my knees, using knee pads. However my knees are starting to ache.

What does everyone else do? Cross leg?

Cheers

Get yourself a small fold away footstep to sit on facing client. Places like home bargains or B&Q do them under £10. I carry mine around in a trolley and it has been really useful

I think you may need a foot rest or pedicure footstool like one that is tripod based and has a cushioned u shaped pad that the clients calf lies in. Their foot becomes supported and saves your knees from their hefty dead weight on you.. It's painful when the client has enormously heavy legs.
I am rubbish at trying to link the House of Famuir product photo for you sorry. Have a look in their online catalogue.

Sit on the small footstep like Leq Mobile Beauty suggest- I had one from dunelm which I used for a while and then aldi did a furry stool which was more padded . My husband chopped the wooden legs down to my perfect height , thus saving my knees and backside from going dead.

Also my local Alan Howard store has equipment and they had a pedicure footstool that is height adjustable tripod legs so it may be a worth checking with them.

Also look into chiropody/ podiatry suppliers too.

Latest posts

Back