Mobile & pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi,

I run my own home salon, however I get asked occasionally to do mobile work such as tans and make up which is no problem.

However, I've recently found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant (v happy!), so work wise all is fine, however I've had someone ask me for eyelash extensions for the end of August. I usually take my beauty bed with me as I find it near impossible to do without (correct height etc).

In my house it's fine, but this client wants me to come to her house and I'm a bit concerned as my beauty bed is rather heavy.

I'm going to ask her to come to me firstly, however if she can't - do you think i'll be fine to carry the bed seeing as I'm only in the early stages?

I'm no doctor but I'm sure you will be fine. I'm 5 months pregnant with my second and through both pregnancies I haven't stopped doing anything I wouldn't usually. Apart from cutting out certain food and drink of course. Just don't overdo it, make sure if you feel you need to sit down! Congratulations by the way :) xx

www.facebook.com/butterflybeautyroom
www.butterfly-beauty.weebly.com

Congratulations!

I'm 6 months pregnant and have a 12 month old who I chase everywhere! You should be fine I would say. :)
Obviously do what you are most comfortable with. I believe it's best to keep active but keep to your own limitations.
Congratulations again.
Xx

Thanks girls!
I've got a little girl who's nearly 3 so I know what it's like, however I wasn't mobile when I last was pregnant so I wasn't sure if lifting 5kg beds up stairs in flats would be the best idea!

Thanks girls!
I've got a little girl who's nearly 3 so I know what it's like, however I wasn't mobile when I last was pregnant so I wasn't sure if lifting 5kg beds up stairs in flats would be the best idea!

Wow, your bed is 5kg? Where did you find that?! The smallest I can find is 10kg, my back kills! If they are still about please tell me where. Thanks xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it depends on how you feel at the time, I am 4 months pregnant and know I could not lift a beauty bed now due to bad lower back pain which shoots into my bum! But everybody is different so just do what you feel. If she cant come to you, maybe explain the situation, that you don't know if you should be lifting, she may suggest a solution, i.e. may have somebody on hand that can help you with your bed in and out of the car.

Latest posts

Back