Mobile questions and help, please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disneyprincess1999

Reaction score
Okay so I'm going mobile in the next few months and I need help so if you could answer the following questions you have no idea how much it will help :
1. What product brands do you use?
2. Should I take my own shampoo and conditioner or use the clients?
3. Do you buy separate equipment for personal and business use?
4. Where is the best place for insurance?
5. How much should I charge?
6. What is the best way to advertise?
7.Should I wear a tunic or have a uniform?
If you could answer any on the questions it would be so much help thanks

Okay so I'm going mobile in the next few months and I need help so if you could answer the following questions you have no idea how much it will help :
1. What product brands do you use?
2. Should I take my own shampoo and conditioner or use the clients?
3. Do you buy separate equipment for personal and business use?
4. Where is the best place for insurance?
5. How much should I charge?
6. What is the best way to advertise?
7.Should I wear a tunic or have a uniform?
If you could answer any on the questions it would be so much help thanks

I used wella colour and styling products.

I took my own shampoos.

I had separate equipment.

I can't remember who my insurance was, my it's reasonable, think it was like £60 for the year ??

Prices - I had a look around to see what other mobile stylists were charging and based it around that (don't under charge though, I made that mistake. Charge your worth.)

Social media is by far the best way to advertise! Instagram works wonders, that's where a lot of my clients came from, as you can post your work :) . I also did Facebook page, and have done sponsored posts.

I wore just my own clothes!

Hope that helped!

I used wella colour and styling products.

I took my own shampoos.

I had separate equipment.

I can't remember who my insurance was, my it's reasonable, think it was like £60 for the year ??

Prices - I had a look around to see what other mobile stylists were charging and based it around that (don't under charge though, I made that mistake. Charge your worth.)

Social media is by far the best way to advertise! Instagram works wonders, that's where a lot of my clients came from, as you can post your work :) . I also did Facebook page, and have done sponsored posts.

I wore just my own clothes!

Hope that helped!

Thank you this has helped so much !!

I use Affinage colours, styling products etc

Yes I take my shampoos and conditioners which covers various hair types/condition. I also provide my own towels. Take a big plastic jug too then if you work at a kitchen sink you can get the water temp mixed just right in your jug.

Separate equipment

Salon Gold I use for insurance

Yes do not under charge and sell yourself short. I used to charge an OAP rate, big mistake, most of my clients are over 60. Stick to one set of prices

I advertised in village parish magazines and local advertising booklets, it generated loads of work. Leaflet drops did not work for me. Also go on google my business, I am top of Google in my area.

I wear a tunic uniform, smart and doesn't ruin your own clothes

I work part time from home. All my clients are word of mouth, I don't advertise formally but I do a lot of social networking.

Thank you guys this has helped so much !!

1.I use wella,
2.Definitely take your own shampoo and conditioner incase they pull out pantene which is just a sin haha
3. Use separate for business
4. Salon gold is brill for insurance £47 for the year
5. Have a look what other stylists in your area charge, make sure not to cut yourself short also take into consideration which products you use as some are more expensive, make sure you charge for any extra toners etc
6. Social media and word of mouth are your best way to advertise but you could also get leaflets and business cards made
7. I tend to just dress smart but a tunic is probably best if you don't want to ruin your clothes
Good luck ☺

Latest posts

Back