Mobile Techs. Sterilizers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollie_mummy

Reaction score
Hi Mobile Techs. I Was Just Wondering What Do Use For Sterilizing Your Equipment? And Does Anyone Know Any Good Sites Where I Can Get A Small One From? Thankyou!:)

There is no point in sterilising as, as a nail technician you do not work in a sterile environment, the best thing to do is sanitise and disinfect.

An autoclave is a sterilising piece of equipment, which is very expensive and pointless really to our form of work, as I said we do not work in a sterile environment.

All my tools are washed in hot water and sanitised, I use Chlorispray all the time, all my files are given hard brush, with a nail brush and sprayed liberally with Chlorispray. 9 times out of 10 I use a new file with every client anyway!

hth's xx

i've got one of these trays which i use with barbicide got mines from Naio UK Nails, Nail Supplies, Nail Extensions, Acrylic Nails, Manicure Products

my table and files are disinfected with surgical spirit

I have this one from Beauty Express -

Buy Mehaz Disinfecting Tray from Beauty Express

I just add Barbicide when ever I use it and for disinfecting my table and abrasives I use Chlor-i-spray.

hth:hug:

I currently use a sandwich box thingy with a leak proof seal and was wondering about these. They look much more professional but are they leak proof/watertight?

I currently use a sandwich box thingy with a leak proof seal and was wondering about these. They look much more professional but are they leak proof/watertight?

Well I keep mine static on the side in my kitchen and have never had a problem. I wouldn't want to be carrying about or taking it with me to a client. Is this what you were referring to?

Just keep all your items for disinfection until you get home and sanitise and disinfect them then.:hug:

Can you use an electric sterilizer? I have one which I currently use for my Son's bottles. Its made by avent and its a steam sterilizer. If its good enough for Babies bottles, then surely its ok to use it for my equipment????

I'm new to nails and am currently learning an acrylic course with essential nails.

I use Milton in a jar the baby steralising stuff.

Can you use an electric sterilizer? I have one which I currently use for my Son's bottles. Its made by avent and its a steam sterilizer. If its good enough for Babies bottles, then surely its ok to use it for my equipment????

No it isn't.

I use Milton in a jar the baby steralising stuff.

There are professional ranges of sanitising products specifically designed for our industry, why would you use baby sterilising equipment? Take a look at this link mundo and you'll find products for the nail and beauty industry.

There is a thread somewhere that explains why a baby steriliser isn't good enough, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Baby bottles sterilisers do not sterilise and are intended for baby bottles - not tools that are used from one client to another and that could cause cross infection.

It is much safer and more professional to use products designed for the job in hand - ie. disinfectants designed for the beauty industry.

This doesn't make it any more expensive. And it ensures you are using the right product for the tools (or surfaces).

Using professional products also reassures your clients that you take hygiene seriously and that their health is important to you.

Thanks for that. I have been browsing the essential nails site and have written a long list of stuff to get once I am qualified. I just assumed that steam would do the trick as it reaches really hot temps in the avent sterilizer.But I am so happy you told me it wouldn't work before I start working on real clients.

Latest posts

Back