Mobile therapists-how do you lug your couch around?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansypansy

Reaction score
Just had my beautiful couch delivered, I love it so much but really struggled to carry it around and set it up and put it away on my own. It was advertised as a portable couch but i am quite weak! Really worried about stuggling with it in front of a client. How do you mobile therapists cope with it? xx

Did it come in a bag?? After a while you get used to lifting it and putting it up and down, I always ask the client to help me turn it over to put it up... They never mind :) xxx

Just had my beautiful couch delivered, I love it so much but really struggled to carry it around and set it up and put it away on my own. It was advertised as a portable couch but i am quite weak! Really worried about stuggling with it in front of a client. How do you mobile therapists cope with it? xx

You soon get used to it hun. Especially when you have to carry it to a fifth floor flat with no lift! Lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

You soon get used to it hun. Especially when you have to carry it to a fifth floor flat with no lift! Lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

So true lol x

You can get trolleys from certain online wholesales.x

I always park with my boot as close to the front door as possible and I knock the door before getting the couch out just incase the client is not in.

(If I had a client in a flat without a lift - which I am lucky I don't lol - I would ring the client to ensure they were home and ready for me before setting off up the stairs).

Thanks for the tips :) It did come in a carry bag which is good but it took me ages to get it to go back into it lol :L sure I will get used to it! xx

I ditched my carry bag as I found it the hardest part getting it in and out! X

Hello!

I've been mobile for nearly 2 years. I have to say my massage bed can be a struggle at times. It is a "portalite" but I don't think it's light at all.

You just need to take your time carrying in and out of your car.

I've had to carry it up 7 flights of stairs and then do a 90 minute massage. Needless to say I was exhausted!

When possible I ask clients to help me tip it up and when finished bring it down. Just so there are no accidents in their house.

It does take some getting used to!

Good luck!

Does anyone have a recommended 'lightweight' couch as I'm
Really struggling with mine. I'm guessing wooden framed ones will be
More lightweight than the metal. I have a zeta M and its so
Heavy x

Iv brought a couch bag on 4 wheels .... Got it from eBay ... About £40 ... It's a lot better on my back - apart from clients with stairs up to their front door .... Lol ... !!!

Does anyone have a recommended 'lightweight' couch as I'm
Really struggling with mine. I'm guessing wooden framed ones will be
More lightweight than the metal. I have a zeta M and its so
Heavy x

.... My wooden one is 18kg .... Very sturdy ... But brought a aluminium one which is 12kg thinking id save my back but not great for massage as its not as sturdy to be honest ( ok for waxing or lashes but not for massage) was gonna get rid of the wooden one but now I have 2 .... Lol ... Xxx

You do just get used to it. It's taken me about 3 years to do it more easily though, haha! If they don't help you tip it up you can do it yourself by pushing it from its side upwards though you need a bit more room to do thos bcs of the angle. Most people help though :) I have a wooden one as I found the aluminum ones at college shook about all over the place and didn't feel very sturdy. Yes the wooden is a bit heavier but it's definitely worth it! I put the strap from the bag on my shoulder and hold the little handle at the side with the other hand to take the pressure off a bit. Hth :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the tips :) It did come in a carry bag which is good but it took me ages to get it to go back into it lol :L sure I will get used to it! xx

Best way to get a bed back in a bag is to have your bed upside down (handles to lift your bed on the floor) an put the bag on over the top then move it round as you do up the zip.
The bag is so important if your mobile an slide your bed over your back seats as the seat belt plugs will ruin your bed, trust me I'm now on my 3rd bed in 2 years because if not putting it back in its bag.

I've got a lightweight bed from feel good.uk. It's lightweight, easily portable, very sturdy, easily adjustable etc etc, would highly recommend.

With regards to putting it up an down, I find easy to do on my own providing you've got room, open it out so it's on it's side then using your foot as a lever pull the bed up on to its 4 legs.
To pop it down I hold the handles on the side of the bed an in a swift movement lift the handles upwards so the bed tips up on its side an folds together. Really quick & easy.

When u have clients that can't help you put up your table for various reasons its good to know how to do this on your own.

Xxxxxx

Best way to get a bed back in a bag is to have your bed upside down (handles to lift your bed on the floor) an put the bag on over the top then move it round as you do up the zip.
The bag is so important if your mobile an slide your bed over your back seats as the seat belt plugs will ruin your bed, trust me I'm now on my 3rd bed in 2 years because if not putting it back in its bag.

I've got a lightweight bed from feel good.uk. It's lightweight, easily portable, very sturdy, easily adjustable etc etc, would highly recommend.

With regards to putting it up an down, I find easy to do on my own providing you've got room, open it out so it's on it's side then using your foot as a lever pull the bed up on to its 4 legs.
To pop it down I hold the handles on the side of the bed an in a swift movement lift the handles upwards so the bed tips up on its side an folds together. Really quick & easy.

When u have clients that can't help you put up your table for various reasons its good to know how to do this on your own.

Xxxxxx

This is how I used to do mine when I was mobile. After a few times it does become easier, trust me. Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back