Mosaic Polymer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I really want to start creating some nails with colours other than white in zone 1...but what happens if you offer this to a client then they decide on their next app its not for them and they want to go back to Pink and White...

Do you have to soak off or would a relbalance suffice to mask the colour?

I am guessiing not, but I often guess wrongly :smack:

Because I mainly sculpt, I would just remove the whole of zone one, file ina new smile line and resculpt in a different colour. this would cause no trauma at all to the natural nail and is in fact very easy to do.

geeg said:
Because I mainly sculpt, I would just remove the whole of zone one, file ina new smile line and resculpt in a different colour. this would cause no trauma at all to the natural nail and is in fact very easy to do.
probably a stupid question but how do u remove it?by filing off or clipping off?(i have clipped to make shorter before and cracked the whole enhancement)

i mainly tip so i file down thinner and just apply new colour.

nicola

groovynails said:
probably a stupid question but how do u remove it?by filing off or clipping off?(i have clipped to make shorter before and cracked the whole enhancement)

i mainly tip so i file down thinner and just apply new colour.

nicola

You'd have to file it - clipping of any kind would put stress on the enhancment I would have thought and caused microcracks & weaken if not actually snapped the overlay...

I use clippers (not one-cut, the old fashioned variety) and reduce the length to the point where there is about 1-2mm left. Then I file.

Clipping the material will not cause cracking if you take lots of little steps instead of one or two big ones.

If you have used a tip you can still do this and then sculpt the new colour.

Really....I never knew that, another thing learnt then...can we use standard nail clippers? or is there a better tool

I use standard nail clippers BUT it is essential to only clip a mm at a time as you move across the tip. I work forward of where i want to be just in case, the I file the rest..

Cracks are caused when you bear down on/across a curved portion of the enhancement (well its all curved) but if you take tiny clips at a time, you won't do that.

The clippers should be a nice quality not your grand dads old rusty ones from the 1930's!!

Latest posts

Back