Most popular gel/L&P and which courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am trained in Gels and fiberglass and dont know if I should go and do an L&P course. Most people I talk to have acrylics, now I have not started advertising i just do family but want to try and set up a mobile business, which I know will take time but should I be able to offer acrylics as well as calgel.
I have enquired about courses and there are 2 one is VTCT level 2 Provide and maintain enhancements/Acrylic and the other is Acrylink Professional L&P Diploma (Beginners) (Ink of london) both range from £600 to just over £700 which is a lot of money, but would it be worth it,am I going to loose custom because I dont offer l&p???

So my question would be which do you do more of Gels or L&P???? also have any of you done either of these courses and which would be the best course to do. Any help any one ???? also my other half thinks I wont make any money as he thinks there is not enough people wanting nails done and you cant charge a lot as he feels most want something for next to nothing. So do you make enough from doing nails and can you charge a reasonable amount without lowering yourself to what some are charging.??I just feel that I have kept up with my training for years and want to do something with it. Thanks in advance.x

well...this is what I did... my advice will be to do a non brand specific course, then you can choose which acrylic you want (fyi CJP is fantastic) however, while these courses do provide you with the basic knowledge and of course certification, I suspect that if you choose a brand specific course there will be far more information about the product..... hope that makes sence
Another thing, while I'm not suggesting that youtube is the best place to learn, there are some very good educational videos on there that are worth watching.
I'm sure someone will come along with better advice xxx

sorry I didn't actually answer your question.... I do more L&P than gels,

Latest posts

Back