Moving house, starting up buisness again, help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailstarlet

Reaction score
:cry: Hi peeps, HELP!! I just don't know what to do! We are moving to Colchester at the beggining of may and i have set up a lovley little buisness here in yorkshire, working part time at a treatment room I set up in a leisure centre and the rest of the time either from home or mobile. It works really well, but i have never been to colchester so don't know if there will be facilities to set something like what i do here, down there. I just don't know whether to do full time mobile or rent somewhere full time:!: i have three kiddies under 7 so my working hours here are perfect, I guess i'm just worrying cause its all new :irked: Does anyone know if there is a demand for mobile in/around colchester, or any rooms to rent etc. All help would really be appreciated! :hug: Mel :hug:

I used to live in Essex and Colchester will have a lot of opportunities for you. You could of course do mobile but I wouldn't advise that unless you know an area very well. There are loads of beauty salons, health clubs, tanning shops and hairdressers you could approach. Start researching salons, etc, now. Colchester is also a very nice town too. Good luck! :)

I've just been blogging about starting over again. We only moved to the other side of town but its a good 6-8 miles away from my regulars.

Traffic in this area is a huge problem so mobile work is an issue, I don't want to be labelled at the late nail tech!

Am sure it'll work out well for both of us in the long run, just hang on there through any difficulties.

Orin x

Thank you Christine and Orin, I have heard alot of good things about colchester and am looking forward to moving, I would ideally like to rent a room somewhere so if anyone hears of anywhere around the colchester area, i would be very grateful to hear about them. any other comeents would be great too xx

You could always start now approaching salons.

Thanks Christine, its a great idea, i had thought of it a few days ago, great minds think alike!! I have a list of all the salons in colchester just wasn't sure whether it was too early as weve still got 4 weeks till we move, but i suppose its never too early! Am going to ring them all tomorrow! Thanks for the push! xx

Colchester is a fairly nice town - quite large with a typical 'Essex ladies' attitude in that they are keen to have beauty treatments & spend on themselves.

There are loads of hairdressers, including on the outskirts so I am sure something will be available somewhere.

Whereabouts in Colchester are you moving to? I'm not hugely familiar with the place but I only live 30 mins away so I do know of the various districts.

Good luck with it all

Whereabouts in Colchester are you moving to? I'm not hugely familiar with the place but I only live 30 mins away so I do know of the various districts.

Good luck with it all

Thanks Sarah, We are moving to the south of colchester, about a mile from the centre of town, the military part of town!! I have never been there before and neither has my husband so its abit daunting, we don't even know where our house is yet, we find out this week! We only found out last week that we had to move so early, so its all being done in abit of a rush really! Am in the process of phoning my clients here to inform them i'm going! There not too happy to say the least, I will really miss them though, there a lovely bunch! This is my first buisness venture where i am now and it has taken alot of hard work and long hours to set it up, especially around our 3 kiddies, so i am not looking forward to all the hard work again but i know it will be worth it! Are you closer to london then than colchester?

Thanks Sarah, We are moving to the south of colchester, about a mile from the centre of town, the military part of town!! I have never been there before and neither has my husband so its abit daunting, we don't even know where our house is yet, we find out this week! We only found out last week that we had to move so early, so its all being done in abit of a rush really! Am in the process of phoning my clients here to inform them i'm going! There not too happy to say the least, I will really miss them though, there a lovely bunch! This is my first buisness venture where i am now and it has taken alot of hard work and long hours to set it up, especially around our 3 kiddies, so i am not looking forward to all the hard work again but i know it will be worth it! Are you closer to london then than colchester?

I live near Ipswich, so to the north of Colchester. If you need any help with anything, just give us a yell.:hug:

I live near Ipswich, so to the north of Colchester. If you need any help with anything, just give us a yell.:hug:

Bless ya thank you thats really kind of you :hug:

Hiya

I live in Colchester moved here around 14y ago my girls love it, there is lots to do for children, mine were about your childrens ages when i moved here.
I live oppisite side of Colchester to where you will be, I take hubby in the Army, there are loads of brand new houses at the barracks now.
It's a lovely place to live, lots of lovely unique shops, tons of hairdressers and beauty salons in and outside the town as well as i a very lively night life, loads of clubs,pubs and resturants.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back