Moving to a new house, getting me down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaElegance

Reaction score
I have been extremely lucky working from a large room at my mum and dads house for 3 years. I have a large amount of regular clients. lots of them I have been doing for 5 or 6 years. Me (23) and my boyfriend (22) are currently buying our own house which is 8 minutes drive down the road and I told my first client yesterday (who I have been doing nails and waxing on for 6 years) that I would be working from there when the room is set up and ready. All she said was 'oh..... I'll have to find somewhere else to go then'. Not well done for buying your own house I'm happy for you. And she went completely quiet throughout the whole rest of the treatment. I felt very awkward, like she was disappointed in me and upset that she couldn't just drive 8 mins down the road. Part of me thinks that she is being a bit snobby as the area that my mum and dad are in is known as a very nice area and where I am moving to isn't as nice. The house is still lovely though. And now I am too worried about telling everyone else that I'm moving because I feel a lot of them will be the same. It's just really getting me down and I was wondering if anyone else had a similar thing happen. Or if anyone could tell me their experiences of moving. Xxx

I'm in the same position but moving 20/25 mins away. I'm going to do mobile 3 days a week and work from home 2 days a week.

8 minutes really isn't far, maybe you just need to be tough and say this is what I'm doing, if you want to come fine, if you don't, find somewhere else! Shouldn't really matter what area you're in, she's there for you, not the area surely!

I'm sure she will be a one off and the majority of your clients will follow!

Maybe of you're worried, could you work one day a week from your mums for any clients who don't like the change?

I'm in the same position but moving 20/25 mins away. I'm going to do mobile 3 days a week and work from home 2 days a week.

8 minutes really isn't far, maybe you just need to be tough and say this is what I'm doing, if you want to come fine, if you don't, find somewhere else! Shouldn't really matter what area you're in, she's there for you, not the area surely!

I'm sure she will be a one off and the majority of your clients will follow!

Maybe of you're worried, could you work one day a week from your mums for any clients who don't like the change?

I would stay at my mum and dads the whole time if I could but they're selling too. I think your right about being more tough definitely! Thanks.

8 minuets is nothing! You clearly provide a very good service to have loyal 5, 6 year clients, so if they want this good service they will follow you :)

Don't worry yourself about it and you will probably find new clients at your new house as well.

We're moving house as well, exciting times :) enjoy your new house xxxx

Beleza Beauty ♡

8 minuets is nothing! You clearly provide a very good service to have loyal 5, 6 year clients, so if they want this good service they will follow you :)

Don't worry yourself about it and you will probably find new clients at your new house as well.

We're moving house as well, exciting times :) enjoy your new house xxxx

Beleza Beauty ♡

Thank you. I feel better already :)

You could always do a few "opening offers" to sweeten them up too.

I've moved several times over the years - sometimes quite a distance. I've told clients well in advance but they often get a bit panicked. I got comments like "I wasn't sure if you were still here".
Every time I've moved, I've sent my clients an "as from this date I will be at (New address). Please bring this card for 20% off your first treatment. " I would also put info on parking etc if it was needed and a little map.
My first premises wasn't in the most beautiful area so I had beautiful price lists and fab products. I would watch new clients turn into my road then phone me and say "I don't know if I'm in the right place". It would make me laugh! Good luck x

Latest posts

Back