Mummy to be setting up needs a confidence boost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty women 30

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Need to say I love this website I am addicted!

I qualified as a beauty therapist and nail technician bout 9years ago, used to have a handful of regular clients.

I moved to Birmingham about 4 years ago and never really got chance to continue doing beauty. I'm now pregnant again and have decided to try and set up doing beauty mobile. However every time I think bout doing a client I get nervous.

Please can anyone give me any advice or tips to boost my confidence? X

I can completely sympathise with you! I used to get SO nervous to start with too, I used to worry and get nervous about getting nervous lol!! I held back for such a long time purely because of my fear and it wasn't until I HAD to go full time (I had another job on the side to start with of which I was made redundant) I had to suck it up and just do it!

Best advice I can give is fake it till you make it! Faking that confidence makes you feel more confident in yourself. Also make yourself as busy as possible, try and book as many people in as you can, you almost then don't have time to worry lol. Once you have done your first few clients again you'll feel on top of the world. I thought I never get over it and actually began to convince myself I wasn't cut out for it! I now LOVE new clients, and enjoy that little butterfly in the tummy feeling- just shows you care about your work!

HTH hun and GOOD LUCK!! X

first of all congrats on your pregnancy, second why not offer to do a saturday voulentary for a salon in your area? gets you valuable experience and back in to treatments? xx

Thank you ladies... I'm volunteering at a baby play group doing file and polish and threading.... I've just enrolled myself and bump on the Shellac course lol x

Latest posts

Back