My budding nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I had just finished doing a friends nails earlier & my 5 yr old son jumped in my chair & proceeded to discuss nail length & shape whith her! !
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1375991557448.jpg
    1375991557448.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 478
Haha love it! X x

Got to learn young! Love the dolls dummy beside the solar oil

Awww that's so cute. My 20 month old always says nails and shows me them, she really takes an interest its so cute, I just wish I could paint them for her as I think she would love it.

My cousins daughter is two and a half and loves having her nails painted. Yesterday I couldn't leave until I painted them orange to match mine. Very cute!

My cousins daughter is two and a half and loves having her nails painted. Yesterday I couldn't leave until I painted them orange to match mine. Very cute!

What do you use on the baby?

Awww that's so cute. My 20 month old always says nails and shows me them, she really takes an interest its so cute, I just wish I could paint them for her as I think she would love it.

Could you not just paint her toes?
Opening a can of worms now
Is it right for children? Lol

I don't know is it? Lol. I often wonder but I have no idea how delicate her nails are

I think if knew something was completely safe I would let her every now and then, its just knowing if something is safe enough. I might ask Doug and see if I get a reply it would be great if he did, I would trust him lol

Probably going to spill that can of worms all over the floor now but I often paint my granddaughters fingers and toes and they are 2.5 and 18mo,
I've painted all my kids over the years from tiny kiddies, even my son when he insisted on bright red at 3yrs old lol
And they are grown up (24,21,16&5) and haven't had a finger melted off or drop off..
Infact I remember my Nana putting pink varnish on me as a lil tot too - never red as it was for 'working ladies' haha
My kids always insisted on red :)
My 5yro has her own nail kit now including a selection of varnishes, glitters, top coats, base coat, decals, practise finger, rings, blunt files and art brushes.. It saves her getting all beady eyed over mine ;)
I've posted a pic of her and her work here before lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Got to learn young! Love the dolls dummy beside the solar oil

He loves solar oil
Every little scratch, he asks for the magic oil!!

My little one has added Solar Oil into her bed time routine!

Never too young to start :Love:

Attachments

• ksolaroil.jpg
    ksolaroil.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 220
Probably going to spill that can of worms all over the floor now but I often paint my granddaughters fingers and toes and they are 2.5 and 18mo,
I've painted all my kids over the years from tiny kiddies, even my son when he insisted on bright red at 3yrs old lol
And they are grown up (24,21,16&5) and haven't had a finger melted off or drop off..
Infact I remember my Nana putting pink varnish on me as a lil tot too - never red as it was for 'working ladies' haha
My kids always insisted on red :)
My 5yro has her own nail kit now including a selection of varnishes, glitters, top coats, base coat, decals, practise finger, rings, blunt files and art brushes.. It saves her getting all beady eyed over mine ;)
I've posted a pic of her and her work here before lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Mine often have their toes done, it's a wee bit of fun and they want to be like mummy so I don't see the harm.

I paint my lg fingers and toes. I find it never stays on long maybe a couple of days I never use acetone to take it off a lot of them I find in the bottom of the bath like they've peeled off, but there's never ever any mark of damage to her nail or I wouldn't do it x she loves having it done and I always use opi x

Sorry for hijacking this thread but is there any high street polish you would stay away from with toddler's I really want to paint her nails now x

Seen this in my Fb feeds other day.. Though you might like it ;))

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376054225.498934.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376054225.498934.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 101
I don't see the harm in it. Unless they decide they want to eat it lol. I always polish my little cousin's nails. She HAS to have matching to mine - great now I wear shellac and vinylux is available in matching shade, she need never know lol x

Ok so I finally gave in and painted her nails..... BIG mistake... Its smudged looks awful and is on the sofa oops lol

Latest posts

Back