My Business - Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944-nails

Reaction score
I know what I want to now do with my business but how can I get this up and running?

My business is a combination or different things really offering three main services:

1. Nail Enhancements

2. Make Overs (including Photos or your new look) and Image Consultancy Services

3. Wedding and Events Planning

Subsidaries are to be my small boutique, to sell as add on products, or jewellery parties as well as handmade cards.

So how do I get my name out there, I have posted on a wedding forum offering two free weddings planned and co-ordinated by me so I can start getting a portfolio together. Anyone on here who is interested also please don't hesitate to get in touch.

The thing is while I want to develop my business I can't afford to leave work so how do I do this?

My goal is by the end of this year to be full time self employed.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Hi there

Its a really difficult question you have asked!! Mainly because it sounds like an impossible task. You have listed 9 completely separate businesses that you want to role into one - and my honest opinion is that it wont work in this way.
If you picked each business idea individually and really focused on it, each one of them could be successful in their own right and could make you enough money to support a full time commitment I'm sure.
However trying to offer 9 completely independant services under one business just spells disaster to me.

If you absolutely had to pick one to do full-time, which would it be? which area do you feel strongest in?

Dont mean to dampen your spirits, its just an opinion:)

have you been to your local papers. They often give free coverage on new business' to the area. Or offer a competiton that the newspaper runs offering a free makeover but make sure you get all the name and address entries so you can send 50% off vouchers or similar. Newspapers love it when business' offer free things as they sell more papers.

Take advantage of all local wedding fairs too

Kate x

My main passion is actually in Classic Cars and I adore restoring them but that is my hobby.

If I could only pick one of the ideas it would be the make over and image services.

Nail Enhancements will always have a place though and can be done as a part of make over or separately.

The jewellery and handmade cards are just little ways to make a bit of extra cash!

Will certainly contact the local papers :) Thanks for the great idea

Talk about multi-talented!!:)

Hi 944 :) Is that a relevence to the Porsche I wonder:!:

Welcome hun, I haven't got any constructive advice unfortunately but I just wanted to say I make jewellery too, have done for about 4 years now. You can view some of my older stuff in my gallery if you like :green:

xx

Hi 944 :) Is that a relevence to the Porsche I wonder:!:

Welcome hun, I haven't got any constructive advice unfortunately but I just wanted to say I make jewellery too, have done for about 4 years now. You can view some of my older stuff in my gallery if you like :green:

xx

Yes in reference to the Porsche 944, I've owned two 944s, a 911 and a Boxster S haven't got one at moment though :( I've got a Mk. 1 MX5 running on twin webers instead of the fuel injection system she came with and other mods about 160bhp not bad out of a 900kg car :D and an E30 BMW 325i Convertible. I spend eveything on cars!

I don't take a table to my clients has I've never had a sensible car to fit one in lol

Thanks! for the imput so far.

As for being multi talented some may say so - some may say I'm a jack of all trades master of none!

Yes in reference to the Porsche 944, I've owned two 944s, a 911 and a Boxster S haven't got one at moment though :( I've got a Mk. 1 MX5 running on twin webers instead of the fuel injection system she came with and other mods about 160bhp not bad out of a 900kg car :D and an E30 BMW 325i Convertible. I spend eveything on cars!

You lucky, lucky girl!

I don't take a table to my clients has I've never had a sensible car to fit one in lol

Nevermind, you've got a lush car!

Thanks! for the imput so far.

No probs hun, we're all here to try to help one another :)

As for being multi talented some may say so - some may say I'm a jack of all trades master of none!

This sounds like me too, lol! Although the only thing I know about cars is a) either I like or don't like and b) how to drive them! I will get myself on a rally course one day though, that'd be so much fun!

xx

Latest posts

Back