My first set of extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessec2000

Reaction score
Hi Everyone ..

So excited I've just fit my first set of extensions ..

I'm looking a little feed back from all the Extension experts on here.. I bought 150 stands but could only get about 125 in. I honestly don't think I could have gotten any more in without going up to high on the head .

So what do you think ? Can you see anything that I can improve on placement , colour etc.?

Thanks in advance [emoji6]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456090481.292612.jpg

Can not give you any tips on placement unless you have more pictures of the rows ? Do you think the sides and front had enough hair? Can not see them from this picture.

It all looks well blended and you can't see a line from the clients own hair (blessing that her ends are thin for your first attempt)

The extensions themselves look good for 125g

How did you find the colour match? I hated matching blonde to start with.

Can not give you any tips on placement unless you have more pictures of the rows ? Do you think the sides and front had enough hair? Can not see them from this picture.

It all looks well blended and you can't see a line from the clients own hair (blessing that her ends are thin for your first attempt)

The extensions themselves look good for 125g

How did you find the colour match? I hated matching blonde to start with.

Thanks for reply [emoji4]

Yeh really struggled with the colour match kept changing my mind , but eventually just went with my gut and it paid off.

I though the sides could have done with more but she physically didn't have the hair to put them in .

The hair I found really silky, is this normal ? Will it change over time?

Most hair extensions thicken up after first wash or two. You could try washing them before applying them next time to see if there's much difference?

With blondes a mix of shades is usually best

Most hair extensions thicken up after first wash or two. You could try washing them before applying them next time to see if there's much difference?

With blondes a mix of shades is usually best

Must try that.. Thanks for the reply much appreciated [emoji8]

Hi Everyone ..

So excited I've just fit my first set of extensions ..

I'm looking a little feed back from all the Extension experts on here.. I bought 150 stands but could only get about 125 in. I honestly don't think I could have gotten any more in without going up to high on the head .

So what do you think ? Can you see anything that I can improve on placement , colour etc.?

Thanks in advance
emoji6.png
View attachment 194539

Very good job for your first set, thickness and colour is fine, I would just cut and layer them to look natural.What method did you use?

Thank you .. I used Micro Ring , I agree the finish of them could have been better for sure .. I was nearly afraid to cut too much weight out of them in case they ended up thin..

Would you have just cut them like normal hair?[emoji5]️

Thank you .. I used Micro Ring , I agree the finish of them could have been better for sure .. I was nearly afraid to cut too much weight out of them in case they ended up thin..

Would you have just cut them like normal hair?[emoji5]️

They will look better after first wash.
Extensions can't be cut like normal hair as they will look unnatural and won't blend in.
I was taught how to cut and finish hair extensions on my training course x

Latest posts

Back