My first set of lashes- feedback

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabulash2014

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I know there are loads of these threads but I am on my phone and it won't search for them properly. This is my first set of lashes and I know already what mistakes I have made such as haven't graduated them properly and that they perhaps could have done with a few more in but that took me 2.5 hours and my friend was so patient bless her!

I only has 0.15s and she would have liked 0.20s also she thought they were quite long which I agreed. I didn't think they were that bad but what do you expert geeks think? Any hints/tips would be great 😀😀😀

First pic is before lashes obviously lol
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391439615.487708.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391439627.528410.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391439641.645846.jpg

Hi everyone.

I know there are loads of these threads but I am on my phone and it won't search for them properly. This is my first set of lashes and I know already what mistakes I have made such as haven't graduated them properly and that they perhaps could have done with a few more in but that took me 2.5 hours and my friend was so patient bless her!

I only has 0.15s and she would have liked 0.20s also she thought they were quite long which I agreed. I didn't think they were that bad but what do you expert geeks think? Any hints/tips would be great 😀😀😀

First pic is before lashes obviously lol
View attachment 54569View attachment 54570View attachment 54571

I can't see the images too well on my phone but seems to look really good for a first set! 2.5hrs isn't bad for a first go either!
You've already said a couple of things about length and graduating which will look better once you adjust those issues. As for thickness, higher thickness of extension doesn't really create fullness/volume. I don't use 0.20 anymore at all. Once you've got more experience and are speeding up and managing to lash all the natural lashes you can then I'm sure you'll be surprised how full the 0.15 look in a full set.
A couple of ways to give the illusion of fullness is 1. Not go too long with extensions. 2. Don't lash every lash with your desired lengths, do most then go back to the natural lashes inbetween with shorter extensions.

What glue are you using? And do you get pots of loose lashes or trays with strips in? X

Have a search on YouTube for "eyelash extensions in kent"
LieLash did some tutorials that might help you :)

Have a search on YouTube for "eyelash extensions in kent"
LieLash did some tutorials that might help you :)

Hi

Thanks for the comments, yes the girl who does my lashes mentioned about filling them out with shorter ones. It's all just practice I suppose. The glue is the glue that came with my kit which appears ok but isn't a branded glue it has all Chinese writing over it!! I want to order flirties but can't until I get my certificate. I got pots of lashes and some strip lashes these are from the pot.

Hi

Thanks for the comments, yes the girl who does my lashes mentioned about filling them out with shorter ones. It's all just practice I suppose. The glue is the glue that came with my kit which appears ok but isn't a branded glue it has all Chinese writing over it!! I want to order flirties but can't until I get my certificate. I got pots of lashes and some strip lashes these are from the pot.

Fair enough! Lol yeah Flirties are always being recommended on here. I use their primer and sealant.
Some people prefer pots, some prefer strips. Some prefer jade stones, some prefer glue rings. If you get to play with each and find which you prefer you'll sooner be on your way to speeding up.
Personally I like sticking the strip to the back of my hand (if they lose tack just use some micropore tape) and a glue ring on my thumb.

Who you trained with? X

Fair enough! Lol yeah Flirties are always being recommended on here. I use their primer and sealant.
Some people prefer pots, some prefer strips. Some prefer jade stones, some prefer glue rings. If you get to play with each and find which you prefer you'll sooner be on your way to speeding up.
Personally I like sticking the strip to the back of my hand (if they lose tack just use some micropore tape) and a glue ring on my thumb.

Who you trained with? X

I'm using a jade stone at the moment and have ordered strip lashes as I can't be dealing with having to sit and stick the pot lashes to tape. To much prep work! I trained with Angel Academy in Loughton, lady called Deborah Kelly, she does a lot of tv work I believe. Iv been sitting thinking about the filling in of the smaller lashes and I'm just wondering how you know where to put them in. Does that make sense?

I'm using a jade stone at the moment and have ordered strip lashes as I can't be dealing with having to sit and stick the pot lashes to tape. To much prep work! I trained with Angel Academy in Loughton, lady called Deborah Kelly, she does a lot of tv work I believe. Iv been sitting thinking about the filling in of the smaller lashes and I'm just wondering how you know where to put them in. Does that make sense?

Oh cool. Yeah, at first try to do a sort of evenly spaced half set of lashes and then go inbetween with the next size down. Might help you to work in sections like LieLash shows in the tutorials on YouTube x

Oh cool. Yeah, at first try to do a sort of evenly spaced half set of lashes and then go inbetween with the next size down. Might help you to work in sections like LieLash shows in the tutorials on YouTube x

Ok cheers, il have a look on there.

Have you ever purchased from eyelashesdirect?

Latest posts

Back