my idea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Good evening geeks,

I am up for bit of a late night brainstorming session:green: I need your help.:hug:

Ok, well many of you will know of my ups and downs lately in relation to starting up in business. I decided to concentrate on nails and spary tanning as I don't drive and then I thought of this idea...

concentrating on my local area, taking cabs would prove to be highly expensive when carrying out a treatment on just one client. So what I thought was... to enable me to take a couch and more of my vital beauty equipment, I would start offering group bookings and so cover the cost of a cab???

I was thinking of basing the idea on the whole, "girls do everything together", theme. You know, we go the loo together, shopping etc. Each client has to spend a certain amount (not sure how much, not too high, what do you reckon) and they can choose whatever treatments they wish. Hmm, maximum ladies 3-4 maybe 5.

I am not calling it a,"Pamper Party", as I don't think that is what it will be, although I will offer these. It will be more like the maintainance work that we all need, just done in a group.

Ok, so that is the idea. Just need to think of a way to market it. So new to this kind of thing so I am not that good at putting ads together. Not sure how to catch the attention of the public yet.

So guys I help with putting together an ad, that would be on leaflets. Catchy wording etc.

Was thinking of aiming a "Stay at home mums" that have ther kiddies all go to the same nursery or school. Maybe ladies in the same office that finish work at the same time??

Thanks as always. xxxx

Hi Alex -

I can see how this idea would work successfully for tanning as it is a quick treatment but in my honest opinion I cant see it working for nail enhancements.

I definitely understand why clients use Mobile therapists - for a 1 2 1 treatment the luxury of being pampered in the comfort of your own home. I also understand the appeal of tanning parties - as a social treat. I wouldnt think you would get a lot of regular repeat bookings - but I am judging on my area which could be completely different to yours.

My time is premium - I personally wouldn't be prepared to sit about for hours while my friends have their nails done waiting for my re-balance. I know they could arrange times so that no one is waiting but then in essence you are using 1 clients home as your treatment space - rent free. Obviously the hostess would need to entertain the waiting clients as well so this would probably involve wine, nibbles etc. By the time you get to your 2nd/3rd client they could be a bit merry!
Why would I as a client want a therapist in my home using my space, time and power for hours treating my friends? When I can get a mobile therapist to come to me pamper me then leave? I am assuming that you would offer the hostess a incentive like a free treatment or the like but thats eating into your money already and you still have transport to pay for. I can see this being an occassional thing treat - like a birthday or hen night but not a once a week thing. If you decide to go ahead with this idea you would need to plan very carefully and come up with a unique selling point - set your self apart from the competition - give people a reason to phone and book

I dont know how much you have done in terms of looking for somewhere to rent a room or space but I think this would be a better idea so you dont have the added stress and hassle of arranging transport all the time. Could you place a 'room wanted' ad in your local paper with a box number just incase there is somewhere you might not have thought of?

I know this is putting a dampner on your idea ~ I am trying to be realistic for you sorry if its not what you want to hear.

Karol xxXxx

Thanks for your reply Karol. No need to apologise at all. Last night when I posted this it was just a rough idea and today I actually thought the same as you, who who actually want to it around waiting for everyon else to finish up??

Cheers, anyway xxx

I agree with what's been said.. but who says they have to hang around when waiting for the other to finish? They can leave when they want to.

However, I think this could be difficult.

Latest posts

Back